• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Will Shields is again a finalist for the NFL Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
He deserves to be in....

Samuel McKewon ‏<s>@</s>swmckewonOWH Will Shields (former <s>#</s>huskers OG, dad of Shavon) is again a finalist for the NFL Hall of Fame. Is it his time?

Way past time. One of the greatest lineman to ever play the game. His work speaks for itself.......

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...sts-morten-andersen-surprisingly-gets-the-nod

As far as the first-year eligibles, Derrick Brooks, Tony Dungy, Marvin Harrison and Walter Jones made the final round, too -- as expected. Morten Andersen and John Lynch rounded out the group.

I would hope that Will Shields receives consideration over any of these new first-year eligibles. Could a case be made that Walter Jones deserves inclusion over Shields? Maybe, I hope they make Jones wait until Shields gets his induction.

A "skill" position guy with Will's body of work is a first ballot guy headlining the class. If Will Shields isn't a HOF player then they need to close the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back