• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Shields CFP Committee

Final CFP committee (official)
  1. Alabama
  2. Michigan
  3. Georgia
  4. Cincy
  5. Left out ..... Notre Dame
  6. Left out .....Ohio State

Final CFP committee (official)
  1. Alabama
  2. Michigan
  3. Georgia
  4. Cincy
  5. Left out ..... Notre Dame
  6. Left out .....Ohio State
Pretty cut and clear … ND can’t get in over Cincy. tOSU highest rated 2-loss team but do not deserve to be in over anyone above them.

It’s too bad Ok State didn’t win … would’ve loved to see what the committee would’ve done with them vs Cincy.

Hate having 2 SEC teams.

I hate having two SEC teams, but I love that the champions of the Pac-12, ACC, and Big XII are left out.

One, it further establishes that Big Boy football is played in the SEC and B1G.

Two, it adds to the pandemonium and helps establish the idea that the CFP bracket should be expanded to at least 6 teams, but likely 8 or 12.

Power 5 champs should all be guaranteed a seat at the table, just like hoops conference champs get automatic bids for March Madness.

I'm guessing he would be out of the discussion if/when Nebraska gets into the picture.

Maybe I should have posted 25 thumbs up emojis to help heighten the sarcasm meter for some members? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How about having a little fun…

happy-excited.gif

Last edited:

I hate having two SEC teams, but I love that the champions of the Pac-12, ACC, and Big XII are left out.

One, it further establishes that Big Boy football is played in the SEC and B1G.

Two, it adds to the pandemonium and helps establish the idea that the CFP bracket should be expanded to at least 6 teams, but likely 8 or 12.

Power 5 champs should all be guaranteed a seat at the table, just like hoops conference champs get automatic bids for March Madness.
They have created the landscape of college football to be this way. ESPN has been talking up the sec for 20+ years as if they were big mouth Ball (the dad what’s his name) in an effort to raise it above all other conferences. Well it’s happened, tho it sure as hell wasn’t when they started. If you tell kids something is the best there entire life, they grow to believe it and then capitalize on them not wanting to go anywhere else. Mix in some very questionable ethics and lack of academic standards and you have today’s sec and college football scrunched down into 1 corner. Tell everyone else they aren’t good enough, no seat at the table, minimize any chance of proving otherwise and it is no wonder that the rest of the country save maybe OSU, Clemson (same demographic) struggles to compete.
By spreading the seats out (every P5 champ is in) then we will get back to a national sport that is worth watching.
And make “every game actually count”
Not just the 2 Alabama-Georgia/LSU/auburn games

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back