• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Noah Vedral be a "gamer" like Joe Ganz?

I'm not sure why you quoted me, but thank you!

Otherwise, I already took note of your claim that you exaggerate a lot, so no need to debate you.

No one said "best" or "toughest."
True I did say that. I quoted you because I believe that post along with the other I quoted are making Minny out to be more than they are. Maybe you did not make them as much as my exaggerated statement. But IMO at worst it will be a close loss. Do not believe we get blown out. I think the winner wins by no more than 7-10 points.

Yep. Really. Try again?
OK try this one on for size.
I hope you're right. I sort of think we might get rolled. We were an embarrassing loss for them last year and they have probably been thinking about this one all year. Everyone amps up their game when they play us. We have yet to do that for quite awhile. Fleck will not let up if they get ahead. He will pour it on.

True I did say that. I quoted you because I believe that post along with the other I quoted are making Minny out to be more than they are. Maybe you did not make them as much as my exaggerated statement. But IMO at worst it will be a close loss. Do not believe we get blown out. I think the winner wins by no more than 7-10 points.

No. I'm just suggesting Minnesota may have a bit more impressive of a resume than Nebraska to this point. But keep in mind, Nebraska is bad -- so it's not like I'm saying Minnesota is good. I also don't believe I've said Minnesota will beat Nebraska, have I?

Oh and for the record I believe we win.

We all hope you're right. With us much downplaying of Minnesota I've been reading, it would truly be a horrible, ugly loss for the Huskers. People spend all week "blah, blah, overrated, weak ass schedule, can't do this, can't do that, blah blah blah" ... and man, you'd have to be a truly pathetic team to lose to the Gophers. Yikes.

No. I'm just suggesting Minnesota may have a bit more impressive of a resume than Nebraska to this point. But keep in mind, Nebraska is bad -- so it's not like I'm saying Minnesota is good. I also don't believe I've said Minnesota will beat Nebraska, have I?

I guess you and I have a different definition of bad. If they finish 4-8 I will say they are bad. If they sitting 2-4 right now I would say they are bad. They can only play the teams on their schedule and right now they are 4-2.

I am not sure we have the road meddle especially in the cold. I hope AM takes a week off because he gets an extra week to recover. I think Vedral can win a game and I like the different twists for Minn to prepare for with the unknown status of the QB.

It's a small sample size, but Vedral looks to be the most capable back-up we've had since Ganz. I'd still rather have a healthy AM in the game, but I'm starting to wonder if he's been 100% at any time this year.

It's a little reminiscent of the last QB we had named Martinez who was electric as a redshirt freshman and then never the same due to an injury, the nature of which was never fully known.

Now back to the original subject. Yeah, I think Vedral as Ganz is a decent analogy. It is not apples to apples but not bad. The thing is, it is pretty well known that Ganz was looking as good or better than Sam Keller in practice pretty much all of fall camp. Callahan started Keller anyway. The other offensive guys preferred Ganz.

Vedral is a gamer just like Ganz though. I think he can win the game at Minnesota. I think his teammates will have confidence in his ability.
I would also say that AM looks better than Keller, too. In fact as mediocre as our offense is looking right now, it is better than the Keller offense considering the poorer level of talent we've currently got. I just remember the Offense looking pretty unimpressive with Keller at QB.

I mean they had Marlon Lucky (who is better than any one we have) along with Helu and Q Castille as backups. Purify, Nunn & Swift at WR; O-Line had Nicks, Slawson & Murtha. Wasn't Andy Christiansen pretty good, too?

Last edited:

It's a small sample size, but Vedral looks to be the most capable back-up we've had since Ganz. I'd still rather have a healthy AM in the game, but I'm starting to wonder if he's been 100% at any time this year.

It's a little reminiscent of the last QB we had named Martinez who was electric as a redshirt freshman and then never the same due to an injury, the nature of which was never fully known.

I think it is entirely possible that he has been a little nicked up or something. He really looks tentative when he runs. Just finished watching the 40 minute NW game on youtube. I am not saying Vedral is better, but at the end of the game he made quick decisions and got what he could when he ran the ball. That is what Martinez was doing last year.

I also think they have practiced the "swagger" out of him a little bit. They want him to be a distributor of the ball to the other play makers. I think he is trying to be that too much. He needs to be a play maker himself.

Quote from Coach Austin about Vedral:

“I think that he can run this offense well and I’m excited about watching him go out there and compete,“ Austin said. “He’s the ultimate competitor. He’s one of my favorite guys on the team. Our relationship started down there in Florida and I was happy to see him come here when we made the transition.

“I’m really excited about what he’s going to do on Saturday. I’m looking forward to it.”

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back