• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JAZ Will RETURN!!!)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Will Jaz & Issie be Back? (Issie - Gone; Jaz -RETURNING!!!)

Will Jaz & Issie be Back for another season? Will NIL be available to International Students?

Hopefully the two tweets below are clues! :nod:

Last edited:

I really hope so!! I'm thankful that the two Senators from Connecticut are (at UConn's urging I'm sure) getting involved in NIL for international students. DHS last official communication on this issue was that they were "looking into it" and that was over a year ago. There's absolutely no excuse for DHS to have dealyed a decision on this for so long.

Hopefully UNL can get Nebraska's Congessional delegation involved in this too.

I just saw Issie's tweet. It's weird, because I don't know Issie and have never met her, but I am in shock and kind of numb right now.

Sadly, I am not hopeful that Issie's best friend Jaz Shelley will announce she's returning next year.

I just saw Issie's tweet. It's weird, because I don't know Issie and have never met her, but I am in shock and kind of numb right now.

Sadly, I am not hopeful that Issie's best friend Jaz Shelley will announce she's returning next year.
I agree. It would be surprising for Jaz to stay. (But not impossible. :))

Jaz' returning opens up a lot of possibilities for us, Recruiting-wise; Drawing attention to the program we might not have otherwise had (i.e. a returning, selfless, star player) and prospects for next year.

Her emphasis on coaching, development, teammates, and community can't help but resonate with prospective recruits or transfers (indeed being a transfer herself).

Road Sign: FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS! EXCITING TIMES AHEAD!

Jaz' returning opens up a lot of possibilities for us, Recruiting-wise; Drawing attention to the program we might not have otherwise had (i.e. a returning, selfless, star player) and prospects for next year.

Her emphasis on coaching, development, teammates, and community can't help but resonate with prospective recruits or transfers (indeed being a transfer herself).

Road Sign: FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS! EXCITING TIMES AHEAD!

If there's a scholarship available, I hope Amy asks Jaz to talk to the couple players from Oregon who recently entered the portal.

Jaz is too nice to talk about it publicly, but I'd love to ask her what about the Oregon program has caused so many players to leave. Also, like it or not, "negative recruiting" is a thing, so I hope the fact that program has lost so many players to the portal hae been pointed out to a current HS player who hasn't signed an LOI yet.

NIL opportunities while Jaz Shelley is home in Australia! A scenario I didn't consider.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back