• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Honas Transferring To Kansas State As A Walk-On

Sure it is. He’s a good player.

It’s also not a big problem for the defense.

Those two things can both be true.

I liked the kid, his fire and the thump he brought with him. I wish him the best of luck.

Both can be but I guess I look at it as more than just him maybe not being a starter. Depth and special teams, both areas NU has and is in need of. Honas can be a difference maker on special teams.

C

Sure it is. He’s a good player.

It’s also not a big problem for the defense.

Those two things can both be true.

I liked the kid, his fire and the thump he brought with him. I wish him the best of luck.
Agree with this.

Honas was a solid player and solid kid. Never emerged as the stud, eraser LB many (including me) assumed he would be as highly rated as he was. But he gave the Huskers all he had and fought through injuries. Wish him the best and hope he finds a home where he can get some decent playing time and make an impact . . . as long as it's not against the Huskers.

Both can be but I guess I look at it as more than just him maybe not being a starter. Depth and special teams, both areas NU has and is in need of. Honas can be a difference maker on special teams.

C
Look at it from the other side. Maybe he was getting passed on the depth chart. If that is the case depth is being built, which is good. Also, if you were a seventh year player, would you come back for special teams duty? Guessing he wants to play. Maybe a regional FCS school?

C

I guess that's the nature of things now. I get it for a guy looking at (gulp) year seven and not wanting to come off the bench or play special teams. On that note, he would likely be an unguided missile kind of nightmare for the opposition. I get it if he's not looking to be that guy at this point, but if I'm in his shoes do I really think I'm going to transfer and make a huge difference in the last year of my career, if I'm 100% healed?

Regardless, I hope he's 100% and lands where he wants. Tough kid. Always a Husker.

Agree with this.

Honas was a solid player and solid kid. Never emerged as the stud, eraser LB many (including me) assumed he would be as highly rated as he was. But he gave the Huskers all he had and fought through injuries. Wish him the best and hope he finds a home where he can get some decent playing time and make an impact . . . as long as it's not against the Huskers.

I thought he'd end up being a much bigger factor than he was. His struggles with the defense is part of why I pumped the brakes with Kolarevic. I had similar visions of him blowing up Wisconsin running backs and being the scourge of the B1G.

I thought he'd end up being a much bigger factor than he was. His struggles with the defense is part of why I pumped the brakes with Kolarevic. I had similar visions of him blowing up Wisconsin running backs and being the scourge of the B1G.
Co-signed.

Seven years on a football scholarship. Now that is not common. Say he was 18 or 19 when he came, he's pretty old to still be playing college football, but maybe he can get that advanced degree paid for. Good for him if he does.

Completely agree, and I'd add that our defense works best if we have fast and quick ILB's who can get to the gaps and run down ballcarriers when mistakes are made.

Honas was a good thumper and his injury was a blow going into last year, but the depth chart is stacked at ILB, and I'm not completely convinced he fits the direction we want there now.

Great kid and hope he finds a place where he can start and get his Master's degree (he already has his degree from NU)
That's what I was wondering. I don't know what his degree is in, but maybe career-wise, it would be better for him to get his Master's elsewhere.

Maybe having had 3 knee injuries, he senses that his NFL career (if any) would be limited. Maybe some athletes are still concerned about getting degrees.

Seven years on a football scholarship. Now that is not common. Say he was 18 or 19 when he came, he's pretty old to still be playing college football, but maybe he can get that advanced degree paid for. Good for him if he does.
He still gets to be around all those college girls and it not be as creepy as say your or me. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back