• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Honas Transferring To Kansas State As A Walk-On

Completely agree, and I'd add that our defense works best if we have fast and quick ILB's who can get to the gaps and run down ballcarriers when mistakes are made.

Honas was a good thumper and his injury was a blow going into last year, but the depth chart is stacked at ILB, and I'm not completely convinced he fits the direction we want there now.

Great kid and hope he finds a place where he can start and get his Master's degree (he already has his degree from NU)
I hope he finds a great fit and has a super year (but please, not in the B1G). Too bad he had injury problems - but can't fault him for his effort & commitment to help the Huskers. Best of luck in the future, Mr. Honas.

Bummer, but I don't fawn over 18 to 20 year olds. He would have seen plenty of playing time had he stayed. Seems pretty silly to start over for a one year.

Sarcasm?

With his injury and the progression of others at ILB, he likely wasn’t seeing much PT in year seven.

Best of luck to the young man.
I thought he would give it a try here. At least he was a starter before the injury and knows all the coaches and system. I do t see him moving to anywhere of significance.

Huh?

Honas plays LB and has 1 year left.
Man I don’t know what the heck happened here. I was responding to a post about Purdy. The poster said he would be not starting until 2023. I responded 2024 because the assumption would be Thompson taking the reins for two years. I don’t know how it ended up in this Honas thread. Thanks for the heads up.

Man I don’t know what the heck happened here. I was responding to a post about Purdy. The poster said he would be not starting until 2023. I responded 2024 because the assumption would be Thompson taking the reins for two years. I don’t know how it ended up in this Honas thread. Thanks for the heads up.

Welcome to my work life.

‘How the hell did that happen?’

So, my claim that Casey Thompson would play both ways is bogus?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back