• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Honas Transferring To Kansas State As A Walk-On

How the hell do you keep track of scholarship limits…?? This ties in with recruiting as well, but it’s a team issue everywhere. It’s gonna be like the pelini years of self limiting yourself to 81 scholarship athletes as kids come and go…. What a head ache for coaches.

Unfortunately for him, because of his injury last year players who were behind him on the depth chart have moved ahead of him (Reimer, Henrich, Snodgrass, Mauga-Clements and Kolarevic). Even with recovery from his injury he might struggle to get on the field at Nebraska and might have a better chance to play somewhere else. He gave his best. I wish him the best of luck going forward.

Sarcasm?

With his injury and the progression of others at ILB, he likely wasn’t seeing much PT in year seven.

Best of luck to the young man.
Casey Thompson has two years left. If he and the team play well next year I don’t see his opportunity until 2024.

Maybe you are right. But he was the leading tackler on the team over the 2019 and 2020 seasons combined. Huge loss imo.

He was a loss going into ‘21, no doubt.

His absence and the subsequent elevation of Reimers and Heinrich put him at #3, best case. Add in Kolarevic, a couple of even more athletic ILB’s pushing for playing time and the possibility that he won’t be 100% after the knee injury and I think it was an up hill battle for him.

He was a loss going into ‘21, no doubt.

His absence and the subsequent elevation of Reimers and Heinrich put him at #3, best case. Add in Kolarevic, a couple of even more athletic ILB’s pushing for playing time and the possibility that he won’t be 100% after the knee injury and I think it was an up hill battle for him.

Completely agree, and I'd add that our defense works best if we have fast and quick ILB's who can get to the gaps and run down ballcarriers when mistakes are made.

Honas was a good thumper and his injury was a blow going into last year, but the depth chart is stacked at ILB, and I'm not completely convinced he fits the direction we want there now.

Great kid and hope he finds a place where he can start and get his Master's degree (he already has his degree from NU)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back