• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Bolt to Texas A&M

That being said, we have a great staff of assistants... Not a coincidence Erstad hired Harvey on a year prior as he knew Bolt wanted to get back home eventually...

Imagine having two major league all stars recruiting you?

Here's a tweet from Bruntz re: Bolt

Michael Bruntz Nebraska Insider - Twitter - 9 hours ago

Expand
Photo
Details

Nebraska associate head coach Will Bolt is leaving Nebraska to take an assistant coaching position at Texas A&M, multiple sources confirmed. ...More

Tough loss for the Huskers but will be OK. Congrats to Bolt on taking the next step in his climb. IF the situation would ever line up would be great to see him as the HC in Lincoln

What is a team allowed in regards to paid asst coaches in baseball.....2?? Looking at the roster from last year, Christy was a volunteer asst coach and Harvey was an undergraduate student asst. coach...who gets the promotion to be a paid asst coach (if any of these two)?

Now that this has settled in a bit, I can certainly understand the pull to be near home -- especially with young children. College Station is an hour's drive from Will's home and he obviously has a great relationship with aTm HC Childress.

Best of luck to you and your family, Will. Thanks for all that you've done to elevate Nebraska baseball as a player and bring it back as a coach. You will be missed, but will always be a Husker.

:huskerflag:

Last edited:

Nebraska head coach Darin Erstad issued a statement Wednesday night.
“I appreciate everything Coach Bolt has done as a member of our coaching staff the past three seasons," Erstad said. "Both as a player and most recently as a coach, Will has helped make Nebraska baseball what it is today. Will, his wife, Lauren, and their two sons, Jaxson and Austin, will always be Huskers.”

Congrats to HuskerMax posters on not having the idiotic "why is he leaving for a lateral move, can't believe we can't step up and pay him more money" post...

Love him following Childress, love him getting closer to home, love him setting himself up for a head coaching gig. Tough loss...

Will Bolt brought us most of our JUCOs, he was well respected in those areas. When Pat Kelly left early, and when we lost a catcher to the draft, he raked some guys in. Not saying Erstad and company won't be able to do that, but his relationships and name went a long way for us. Also, if anyone noticed when a relief pitcher would come in, Will Bolt would grab a sheet of paper out of his back pocket and had notes on every guy with a scouting report, hopefully that meticulous preparation was passed on to who takes over from him if that person is within the program. Erstad let Bolt call all the plays, so I wonder if he will be as hands-off with the next guy...

Now the positives. While Bolt did a lot for us offensively, I have heard that we never tweaked kids swings from a technical stand point, only talked approach and what to look for. I think we can improve on this area and get that much better offensively...

Congrats to HuskerMax posters on not having the idiotic "why is he leaving for a lateral move, can't believe we can't step up and pay him more money" post...

Love him following Childress, love him getting closer to home, love him setting himself up for a head coaching gig. Tough loss...

Will Bolt brought us most of our JUCOs, he was well respected in those areas. When Pat Kelly left early, and when we lost a catcher to the draft, he raked some guys in. Not saying Erstad and company won't be able to do that, but his relationships and name went a long way for us. Also, if anyone noticed when a relief pitcher would come in, Will Bolt would grab a sheet of paper out of his back pocket and had notes on every guy with a scouting report, hopefully that meticulous preparation was passed on to who takes over from him if that person is within the program. Erstad let Bolt call all the plays, so I wonder if he will be as hands-off with the next guy...

Now the positives. While Bolt did a lot for us offensively, I have heard that we never tweaked kids swings from a technical stand point, only talked approach and what to look for. I think we can improve on this area and get that much better offensively...

Great post.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back