• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Bolt - Associate Head Coach

It is a gamble with this staff, but it is one worth taking. The Big 10 play should be enough to allow the young staff to learn the ropes as coacjes. Hopefully we can hire a great pitching coach that can help our young pitcher. It will be interesting to see what this staff can do and how well Tom''s gamble pays off.

You would think between Erstad and Bolt that they would turn their players in to a gritty bunch. You gotta like that.

Sounds like Texarkana College is a JC school. Bolt should have developed some very helpful contacts in those circles which will help with recruiting. Bet he picked up some knowledge of recruiting in Texas at TAMU, although doubtful he did much recruiting as a volunteer. Still gained valuable knowledge though. They both are a bit of a gamble but you've got to love the fire they each bring. Watched the team a couple of times in Texas this season and wasn't impressed with the fire on this team at all. Also seemed less disciplined than the really good teams. Let's give them a shot.

Sounds like Texarkana College is a JC school. Bolt should have developed some very helpful contacts in those circles which will help with recruiting. Bet he picked up some knowledge of recruiting in Texas at TAMU, although doubtful he did much recruiting as a volunteer. Still gained valuable knowledge though. They both are a bit of a gamble but you've got to love the fire they each bring. Watched the team a couple of times in Texas this season and wasn't impressed with the fire on this team at all. Also seemed less disciplined than the really good teams. Let's give them a shot.

Texarkana College is a 2-year school.

Great move by erstad, this will pay off bigtime!!! Looks like we will have some southern players heading north !!! lol

I feel very good about the Erstad hire. I loved the hard nosed way he played the game. He impressed me both as a player and as a person during the one season he played for the White Sox. In the past I have followed Nebraska baseball very little. I don't know who Bolt is. Sounds like he's is well thought of by fellow board members. Being a baseball fan, I most likely will follow Husker baseball more closely going forward.

Carrolton's reservations because of this past year's performances, are, I think, quite valid. Yet, this 'ol codger is thrilled with the Erstad and Bolt hires. These guys are, for sure, Huskers through and through. And both of them are tough, and proven clutch performers! I think this is good, excellent, even. We will win the Big Ten title in baseball in 2012!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back