• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Will Bobo (GA/OC) go down-field against Nebraska?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Looking forward to the matchup....

Based on what Nebraska has done this season, look for Mason and Georgia's offense to struggle a bit throwing down field, if Bobo even makes the call for him to do so. Gurley and the rushing attack has some room to make hay. All of that hinges on the offensive line. Will we see the offensive line from the first half of Tech or that from the 4th quarter/OT of Tech?

There is a reason I haven't written much about the Gator Bowl. As I said, I'm not too jazzed about playing Nebraska again. Our team doesn't look much like the team we started the season with. That being said, I think the game hinges on how well our offensive line plays.

The line has been the most Jekyll/Hyde part of the team this season. I know we want to point to the defense, but hell, what we have on defense is what we have. You just hope we get the stops we need to not have to come back from 20 down. Again.

http://georgiasports.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-gator-bowl-review.html

Their O-Line gave up 5 sacks to GA Tech in their last game and Mason threw one pick in a 2/OT 41-34 win.....hopefully our young and improving defense will take advantage and have a very good day....

I think no matter what they need to take shots, and I expect our DBs to be up to the challenge. But, if their running game starts to get traction, the PA pass could be a big problem. It depends on just how accurate this UGA QB is.

Last edited:

I think they'll try if only to keep the running game loose. I wouldn't expect them to have too much success though. Young QB, our secondary, our improving pass rush.

I think it will hurt them as much or more than it will help them. The real battle will be in the running game.

Their O-Line gave up 5 sacks to GA Tech in their last game and Mason threw one pick in a 2/OT 41-34 win.....hopefully our young and improving defense will take advantage and have a very good day....

They've played an entire regular season...IMO, they've earned the right to be called our defense or the blackshirts, no need to call them "young" anymore. I do think Georgia will test them deep, frequently.

Last edited:
Agree.....the two running game will be the difference.....

I think they'll try if only to keep the running game loose. I wouldn't expect them to have too much success though. Young QB, our secondary, our improving pass rush.

I think it will hurt them as much or more than it will help them. The real battle will be in the running game.

Fact is they are young...an getting better.....much better....

They've played an entire regular season...IMO, they've earned the right to be called our defense or the blackshirts, no need to call them "young" anymore. I do think Georgia will test them deep, frequently.

Yeah those true freshmen of ours are as strong and experienced as 5th years seniors after an entire year of playing :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back