• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will a Coach Busch coached defense give up 500 yards against Indiana?

Will 2 weeks under someone else fix tackling, gap fits, communication, soft coverage, blown coverages? If no, then yes.
You have to consider the former teacher, who was obviously, to most with a pulse, a horrific, high school type coach. All of these players do not suck, but they play like they do. To me, you gotta bring it out of them. Lining up properly should not be that hard. Playing with passion, excitement should not be hard. Go get the ball. So much bull crap anymore, that these players can’t just play. They have looked lost for half a decade. Totally clueless was the former DC. And his schemes were junk.

None of those players signed up knowing that SF wasn't going to give his best effort. Its sad and disappointing that this is a lost season. I hope the players find some success. That they are more commited to winning than SF, says it all. You follow your leader, "the millionaire frat boy" was a poor example. HCMJ is a hell of a man and leader. I sincerely hope they rally and win a couple games!
I don't think this season is lost for the players. They can still finish with a winning record and have a respectable season. Under HCSF, they were better than 2-2 at this point only once and never went on to have a winning season. If this team can get above .500, that would be good for these players.

Just because they know they'll have a different coach next season doesn't make this season "lost". A bowl game is very reachable given the weakness of the B1G West.

A lot of that will depend on time of possession. If our offense can eat up clock and help keep the defense off the field, I think we can keep them under 500. I think you'll see more aggressive play calling on defense, which will probably resulted in some busted plays, but hopefully some IU mistakes as well. I don't expect us to look very good defensively this week, or most of this season, but if we can be somewhat decent, it might give us a chance.

This will not be pretty, but I think it will show signs of improvement. One week of trying to do it right after years of not being shown what's right is not enough time.

Miracles often happen in movies but not so often in real life.

Just getting guys in the right gap and tackling a little better could reap huge rewards. Reduce the yards per carry by .5 to 1 and that could make a big difference.
Getting off blocks would be helpful too. Would like to see more contact before the runner gets to the 2nd level. At least do enough to slow them down or alter their path. Will make tackling easier.

The yards may be high against this type of passing offense, can they get 2-3 picks to make them pay for throwing that much?

Big question may be, can we stop the run and make them throw it?

The yards may be high against this type of passing offense, can they get 2-3 picks to make them pay for throwing that much?

Big question may be, can we stop the run and make them throw it?

That’s where I’m at.

Can we steal some possessions?

Get a few turnovers and keep them from scoring on other more than a few possessions.

I don’t want to see the D give up 500 yards, but at this point it’s not getting fixed overnight.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back