• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why was Malzahn Fired? Offensive Woes. Reminds me of Frost

I'm going to agree with NUinID. If Saban retires, I don't think Dabo goes there now (if offered). What is the upside for him at Alabama, especially if he maintains the present level of success at Clemson? Following Saban's run in Tuscaloosa is a no-win proposition (other than inheriting a roster loaded with really good players). At Alabama, even if Swinney won a NC or 3, he would still only be regarded as the 3rd best coach in program history (Saban, Bryant). But later in his career, if there is a run of Mike Shula, Mike Dubose type seasons, perhaps Dabo would try to get things straightened out at his alma mater.
Dabo is an Alabama alum. That would provide alot of incentive for a guy that has done about all he can do at Clemson.

Dabo is an Alabama alum. That would provide alot of incentive for a guy that has done about all he can do at Clemson.

I realize he's an alum. That's why I had included the last sentence in my previous response. I don't think he's done all he can do at Clemson. The Tigers are stockpiling great recruiting classes and the ACC traditional powers (FSU, Miami) are still down.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back