• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why so long on making changes?

No we are three and half years into the SF s...s

The changes on the O line saturday were the most meaningful ones made in 37 games by a mile.

The fact it took this long is on SF despite our losses exceeding our wins for years.

He is either a bad or weak coach

Or we have coaches that have standards not set in public and hold the young men accountable to them. Two negative posts about the coaches "ineptitude" and your "displayed" towards them in one thread. Maybe they do have judgement but it's not what you'd like of wins over everything else, whether that be the younger guys learning enough to put them in a good situation to succeed at this high level, or holding them to a standard where they will be able to have accountability to themselves for later success.

Last edited:

It occurs to me that you see a player's abilities as a static condition. And as such, a coach or anyone else can see distinctions and thats that. So what does a "Most Improved" Award represent? Does it not recognize changes in a player that occur during the season? Lifter of the Year notes off-season effort, but Most Improved...?
As well, that award is not given until the end of the year, meaning, coaches don't know who gets it then. And they don't know whom it will be til stuff gets said and done.
O line swapped a true frosh for a redshirt frosh, and a soph for a soph. Ish. Especially on O line, the younger the player, the less certainty can be assigned as to eventual performance. As athletic maturity peaks (at 25-28 yrs of age), we see a finished product, but the 18-20 yr olds you saw trade spots are not there, and each year can allow for big changes.
And fruition may well occur right smack dab in the middle of a season.
You said it a lot nicer than I did. Well said.

No we are three and half years into the SF s...s

The changes on the O line saturday were the most meaningful ones made in 37 games by a mile.

The fact it took this long is on SF despite our losses exceeding our wins for years.

He is either a bad or weak coach
Or some fans are imbeciles. Is there a mirror in your double wide?

Last edited:
Or some fans are imbeciles. Is there a mirror in your double wide?

You Seem Grumpy Angry GIF - You Seem Grumpy Angry Mad - Discover & Share  GIFs

C

Last edited:

Agree with the Yant deal, but my beef is a bit more with receivers and the oline. I'm still not fully sold that some of our position coaches can really evaluate who should be starting. You can roll your eyes or beat your head on the wall, but clearly some adjustments were needed and the game proved that out. Hopefully these are things that can be identified earlier in coming seasons.
Betts hurt, martin hurt, omar dealing with mental health issues, yant overweight, allen hurt, vokolek hurt, Ervin goes down, Stepp dinged.

there has been some talk of Turner C. being nicked up, but Prochaska is just a Fr and played TE for two games prior to starting this week. Not sure if he was ready to step in any sooner.

its hard to do what you want when the main pieces are missing. OL aside, our run game suffered big time w/o Vok and Allen, as did our pass game. Those guys are solid chain movers and occasional mismatches, and Vokelek is probably one of the best blockers on the team. You arent doing much if Hickman is the inline blocker, IMO. Gotta love what Brewington brings at 185 though.

Agree with the Yant deal, but my beef is a bit more with receivers and the oline. I'm still not fully sold that some of our position coaches can really evaluate who should be starting. You can roll your eyes or beat your head on the wall, but clearly some adjustments were needed and the game proved that out. Hopefully these are things that can be identified earlier in coming seasons.

Yep, my question earlier was very much the same; why did it take 5 weeks to finally see that the OL needed to play with a lower pad level and that some were just not good at it?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back