• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Why Nebraska Must Have A Presence On Twitter

Do you have a Twitter account

• Yes, I do.

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • No, but I plan on getting one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I never will.

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • What is Twitter?

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BornToBeRed

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
My latest article for Husker Locker

I'm interested to know: How many HuskerMax posters use Twitter? And of those, how many of you follow someone Nebraska-related?

I've had my Twitter account for some time now, and I think it's excellent for college football. National writers tweet breaking news before it even hits their network's ticker, behind the scenes looks from various account like Nebraska's video team or their equipment managers, and just interaction with fans - both Husker and otherwise.

I think Twitter is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Poor grammar, stupid hashtags, and worthless messages. I don't have time to sift through the crap hoping to at least find a headline. I prefer something a little more in-depth. Like Facebook.

I actually like Twitter....for those of us that follow recruiting it is very nice to have as they break news faster on there than they do anywhere else.

I can understand where Twitter can become nothing more than a PR thing for companies such....but over all I find it to be timely and worthwhile...

As for the grammer not a big deal to me....one of the limitations of the platform....

So I agree with BTBR...:)

I think Twitter is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Poor grammar, stupid hashtags, and worthless messages. I don't have time to sift through the crap hoping to at least find a headline. I prefer something a little more in-depth. Like Facebook.

It's all a matter of who you follow, Thill. I follow around 500 people. Over 95% of them are journalists, bloggers, beat writers, or fans like you and me. Though many hash tags are stupid, they can be great for tracking conversation or events. Searching #Huskers, for instance, is great for seeing fan reaction in games or when news comes out. For me, it was incredibly interesting (and equally saddening) to see the reaction of Husker fans on Twitter when news of Aaron Green's transfer broke.

Just like everything else online, there's a right and wrong way to use Twitter. My account is 99% sports. Others are 99% personal. It's just a matter of how you utilize it.

Hell, I don't even text. If something important happens, I'll find it, but I don't need my day interrupted to find out some kid who can't play a down for Nebraska for 3 years has us in his top 17 list.

#GetOffMyLawn

:Biggrin:

I have a Twitter account, just to follow some news services and other odds and ends. Don't really check it that much though and don't follow any sports at all. Last thing I need in my feed is some radio guy in Lincoln RT'ing some recruiting service saying some 16-year old RB is "thinking" about taking an official visit or something useless like that.

I have a Twitter account and almost everything I associate with is sports related - mostly Huskers and StL Cardinals but also some Hoyas and Broncos stuff. Hell, Will Compton, Brandon Kinnie, DJ Jones, and Anthony Blue all follow me (which to me is kinda cool) although I rarely have anything worthwhile to tweet - it's mostly just smart-ass stuff I find funny that no one else does - but I do like the platform....fastest way to get sports info imo

What BornToBeRed is dead solid right on. It's very easy to make twitter either the most useful or most worthless thing ever. It all depends on what you use it for and who you follow. During a game it's a great tool with a constant stream of insight, commentary, and conversation. At 2010 Holiday Bowl I actually attended the tailgate thrown by the family of a guy I "met" on twitter. Had a great time and now we're buddies in the real world too.

It's all a matter of who you follow, Thill. I follow around 500 people. Over 95% of them are journalists, bloggers, beat writers, or fans like you and me. Though many hash tags are stupid, they can be great for tracking conversation or events. Searching #Huskers, for instance, is great for seeing fan reaction in games or when news comes out. For me, it was incredibly interesting (and equally saddening) to see the reaction of Husker fans on Twitter when news of Aaron Green's transfer broke.

Just like everything else online, there's a right and wrong way to use Twitter. My account is 99% sports. Others are 99% personal. It's just a matter of how you utilize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back