• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why is Gerrod Lambrecht allowed to do NIL deals for NU players?

It may have included Davison, but I'm not sure if he, Frost or Lambrecht would have had the legal and financial authority to get NU out of that series. The "other administrators" may have included somebody in the president's or chancellor's office who would have had the legal and financial authority to sign off on whatever replacement game they found. Otherwise, they would have had to go to Moos and get him to sign off on it, which they obviously knew was a non-starter. They wouldn't have kept him out of the loop in the first place if it wasn't.

What I really don't understand is why Moos willingly "jumped on the grenade." Based on what's come out since the firing, I think enough stuff had happened up to that point for Frost and several other people's goose to be cooked by the time of the OU game debacle. What Frost and Lambrecht did clearly violated the chain of command in the AD and could have been grounds to fire them for cause. IMO Moos wouldn't have been blamed for firing Frost at that point, or for hiring him in the first place.

If somebody does eventually write a book about this mess, IMO one of the only pieces of information that we don't yet know is if Frost's "issues" began at UCF or began after he came back to NU. The only degrogetory thing I think that could ever be said about Moos is if he knew Frost was a bad hire and did it anyway. Even that criticism would be unfair IMO because everybody wanted Frost.
I have heard from certain people that writing a book covering the Frost Regime years is unnecessary and futile.
While I certainly understand that there are those among us who prefer the " head in the sand approach" to reality.
I hope Trev does his due diligence.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back