• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Why I love Nebraska football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pops

I have squandered my resistance
15 Year Member
Right now i'm kind of at a loss for words so please bear with me. What has happened has me thinking of us Nebraska "fans: We argue, we call each other names. We cheer together, we celebrate together we come together.

What the hell you talking about pops? Well a little while ago I put out a request and that request was answered! Most that know me here know what I do. I work with a population that is not well received in our society. THe dark alley addicts of the world, the less fortunate than we are, the frowned upon people of this world. I am semi retired and started working at a transitional house. THis house has at the time 4 cats that life threw them a hard fastball and here they sit...life in limbo. I made a request for one of these cats and I am overwhelmed with the response I received...loss for words...yes truly I am.

With that response, it got me thinking. Yes it is Nebraska football where we have this common bond yet it so much more than that as I ponder all that has happened. Football, great game (not as good as hockey) great game none the less. It isn't BO or any coach that brought us all together. It's us as fans that have a common bond. All walks of life, all sexes, all races and again at the end of the day we are not left with football or any sport we are left with each other. hard time brings out the best in all of us and we work though those hard times together. liever, leaver or in betweener here we are.

It's us who make us who we are. it isnt the coach, it isnt the University, it's the common bond and a brotherhood and sisterhood we call ourselves. Fans of one team that brought us to share the same space in this universe that diverts us from the tragedies of life. We have seen life announced on this board, death, and all the other despair that is thrown our way. One common thing I have seen on this board is. When a call goes out the call is answered 10 fold. For that I have to say thank you. I am overwhelmed with joy at this moment because a dream will come true for someone that is lost. that dream would not be granted without the like of you cats on this board.

So as we wait for the new coach to be announced...I just wanted to throw a thank you to the fans of nebraska that are very very special. I haven't seen this anywhere else the way it is displayed here.

That is why I love Nebraska it's y'all. Football is a game....life is real. Once again the people of this board and of Nebraska are the brightest star in this universe.

THANK YOU!

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.

Last edited:
Was it weird that I read this in Morgan Freeman's voice? :)

Great post, GBR!

PS: It took me until the 4th paragraph to figure out you meant metaphorical cats. :Biggrin:

Last edited:

hey man I'm an old fricken hippie. Not the best with words yet pretty much say whats on my mind no matter how it comes out.
Sometimes better than others.

Last edited:
hey man I'm an old fricken hippie. Not the best with words yet pretty much say whats on my mind no matter how it comes out.
Sometimes better than others.

Agreed, which is why I referred to Morgan Freeman! Great narrator who speaks very deeply.

Great post, GBR!

PS: It took me until the 4th paragraph to figure out you meant metaphorical cats. :Biggrin:
Man...I was doing the same thing....Creepy, in a good way though...

Great post Pops. I've been thinking about you since my UNO Mavs played ND last weekend.

Loop

Great post Pops. I've been thinking about you since my UNO Mavs played ND last weekend.

Loop

split series...I give full credit to the Mavs taking one in the hockey cathedral

Great post pops. Most people have good in them, unfortunately it doesn't always show up on a message board. Thanks for what you do.

Screw your old ass for making this grown ass man tear up. Love ya man, never met ya, but respect ya nonetheless. Your type keeps me even keel around here.. I just hope to meet your old ass someday before its too late!! P.S. I love hockey more than you do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back