• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why Do We Need The Locker Room This Year?

Husker7000

Biology Graduate School Alumnus
5 Year Member
From what I have seen, "loitering inside" is THE major way the virus spreads: Bars, restaurants, churches, locker rooms, etc.

Being inside exposes you to stagnant air and a critical mass of virus over an extended time.

How about the players dress up at home?

The locker room could be saved for in-game injuries, etc.

This still leaves half time. Any ideas? Maybe the players could be given masks as they go into the tunnel in a staggered fashion. They wouldn't go to the locker room. There would be chairs 20 feet apart in the corridors. They could rest, go to the bathroom one at a time, and helpers could get them what they need.

From what I have seen, "loitering inside" is THE major way the virus spreads: Bars, restaurants, churches, locker rooms, etc.

Being inside exposes you to stagnant air and a critical mass of virus over an extended time.

How about the players dress up at home?

The locker room could be saved for in-game injuries, etc.

This still leaves half time. Any ideas? Maybe the players could be given masks as they go into the tunnel in a staggered fashion. They wouldn't go to the locker room. There would be chairs 20 feet apart in the corridors. They could rest, go to the bathroom one at a time, and helpers could get them what they need.
Where are the trainers going to tape the players up?

Where are the trainers going to tape the players up?
Maybe UNL can buy some of those robots used by police to go into really dangerous areas where bombs might go off, etc. I bet they could be programmed or controlled by the trainers to tape up the players. That way the players can maintain their 20' social distancing and the trainers don't have to get too close to them. :O O:

Last edited:
Maybe UNL can by some of those robots used by police to go into really dangerous areas where bombs might go off, etc. I bet they could be programmed or controlled by the trainers to tape up the players. That way the players can maintain their 20' social distancing and the trainers don't have to get too close to them. :O O:
Just put helmets and pads on the robots.

It would probably be best to cut the squad size down to 65 or so, that way there would be plenty of space between lockers. No showering post game...just head home to clean up. All helmets with face shields. Masks and gloves, required. Change to rules to slow the game down to allow mask wearing players to recover for each play by adding 10 seconds to play clock.

Yes. They could also put Cavicide or some other disinfectant on the football after every single play. Depending on the disinfectant used, this may mean a wait time (contact time for the disinfectant) of anywhere from one to 10 minutes, so games will be much longer. If televised, though, think of the additional ad revenue!

Maybe UNL can buy some of those robots used by police to go into really dangerous areas where bombs might go off, etc. I bet they could be programmed or controlled by the trainers to tape up the players. That way the players can maintain their 20' social distancing and the trainers don't have to get too close to them. :O O:
Instead of having the "Der Wienerschlinger" contest, they could have a tape robot contest! Go engineers!

With the locker rooms closed, at halftime the players could wait in line at concessions and go to the restrooms with the rest of us. Some might want to leave the field 2 or 3 minutes early to get a jump on the crowds.

Same at the end of the games. Gotta beat the traffic.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back