• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffery Transferring

This transfer portal is the stupidest thing the ncaa ever did. It is wrecking many programs. So many leaving w no penalties at all. I’m spent on it and it’s ruining college football, just like a 4 team playoff is. Pretty damn sad.

My hope is that it settles down in a few years when the newness of the easy button wears off.

It puts a ton of pressure on a staff to develop a class, develop the kids once they're on campus and manage their expectations without coddling them. I don't think it's ever going to be like it used to be and some of the empowerment of the athletes is a good thing. Many of the SEC schools used to really abuse kids with their over signing, etc. You really can't abuse a kid now or he's gone. Problem is a kid that age is likely prone to overreact and the slightest little thing might land him in the transfer portal. Sit him a series or two because he's messed up and bam. Get on his backside for screwing up in practice or in classes and bam. Add the kids like Wandale who're likely thinking their chances in the NFL increase if they're playing in another offense and you're going to get more and more of it.

I really don't envy what college staffs are up against these days.

This transfer portal is the stupidest thing the ncaa ever did. It is wrecking many programs. So many leaving w no penalties at all. I’m spent on it and it’s ruining college football, just like a 4 team playoff is. Pretty damn sad.
It’s a hard subject though. Coaches making obscene amounts of money and can leave anytime they want. It’s not a fair system. Theses kids see adults making multi million dollar contracts and having the ability to go anywhere they want at anytime. I don’t think there’s an answer. We’ve let the monster grow unchecked.

We honestly are dealing with the INSTANT GRATIFICATION generation and the portal simply makes it much easier for any disgruntled player to pick up and leave. Much of college football will be looking over the smoldering ruins asking WTH just happened. Once again the NCAA made a huge mistake with this instant portal thing and the real fall out is just starting to be felt imo.

Michael Severe and Benning saying they believe he’s staying. Caller just called in without a sighting a source but said he’s definitely gone according to his unnamed source. So still where we where yesterday! No one knows.

Michael Severe and Benning saying they believe he’s staying. Caller just called in without a sighting a source but said he’s definitely gone according to his unnamed source. So still where we where yesterday! No one knows.

My unnamed source can 100% confirm that his unnamed source is a "cheeky wankah". Per source of course.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back