• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffery Transferring

I'm hearing Ed is coming aboard as QB coach. But I'm in Costa Rica so who knows?

San Jose, Liberia or perched atop Arenal? I love Costa Rica! Apparently I fellow husker from GI owns a brewery near Liberia.....maybe that’s you. Either way, Pura Vida!

To date, this is as rumorish as can be. I hope he stays and agrees to play slot. If he thinks he is a QB in his heart of hearts, he needs to go to Northern Colorado, because he is nowhere close to a P5 level QB.

Unfortunately we are in the era of transfer at will. I imagine we will have more transfer options post spring ball.
Not sure if he can play QB at this level he’s looked good at times but not enough to replace AM at this point. He’s an exceptional athlete possibly will get a starting job in place of Robinson. There are many schools who’d love to have him. Frost kept his word and he’s been and may still be given a chance to complete at QB.

WRONG McCAFFREY RUMOR...YOU CAN TAKE THIS TO THE OUT OF BUSINESS BANK. Dylan is coming to UN. Maybe that is what the meeting is about.
I could see this. Dad knows football. Dad knows Luke is NOWHERE near ready to be QB and probably should move out to the slot. Dad also saw all the games and knows his son’s team is in DESPERATE need of a QB who can hit the broadside of a barn. IMHO Dylan was better the MI’s QB last year and definitely better than what they had this year. Dylan could mean this team gets to 8-9 wins next year.

I love Adrian as a young man. Would love him to marry my daughter. He is a great human being. Unfortunately he just is not a great QB at this level. Sure the line was lacking, but he failed to ID many open receivers and had difficulty in intermediate to long range patterns.

Last edited:
San Jose, Liberia or perched atop Arenal? I love Costa Rica! Apparently I fellow husker from GI owns a brewery near Liberia.....maybe that’s you. Either way, Pura Vida!

Yeah, Playa Hermosa. Can you find out the brewery near Liberia? I buy product from three near there: Papagayo, Numu, and Angry Goats. Some great craft beers happening down here, for sure.

Last edited:

Ifhe thinks he is a QB in his heart of hearts, he needs to go to Northern Colorado, because he is nowhere close to a P5 level QB.
MCCaffrey is our 2nd string QB backing up a 4th year starter. I agree MCaffrey may be even better at other positions but he is not horrible and better than other QBs that have left Nebraska for other p5 schools.

I could see this. Dad knows football. Dad know Luke is NOWHERE near ready to be QB and probably should move on to the slot. Dad also saw all the games and knows his son’s team is in DESPERATE need of a QB who can hit the broadside of a barn. IMHO Dylan was better the MI’s QB last year and definitely better than what they had this year. Dylan could mean this team gets to 8-9 wins next year.

I love Adrian as a young man. Would love him to marry my daughter. He is a great human being. Unfortunately he just is not a great QB at this level. Sure the line was lacking, but he failed to ID many open receivers and had difficulty in intermediate to long range patterns.
you know, as I wrote the post with sarcasm and finishing I wondered. Dylan has not committed anywhere. Assuming the Patriarch still likes the program. LM seemed happy there. It does make sense. Earlier in year when older Bro was asked about Dylan going to N. Col, he thought it would be cool to have the whole family together.
I wholeheartedly agree on the Mich. QB decisions. The coaches saw more of DM and the competition but I sure thought he looked good when I did see him.

Question:
"Why do I keep hearing LM is going to transfer?"

Answer:
Because guys like you keep repeating the rumor ad nauseum.
He
Question:
"Why do I keep hearing LM is going to transfer?"

Answer:
Because guys like you keep repeating the rumor ad nauseum.
I personally have only heard that rumor here on HM.

I could see this. Dad knows football. Dad know Luke is NOWHERE near ready to be QB and probably should move on to the slot. Dad also saw all the games and knows his son’s team is in DESPERATE need of a QB who can hit the broadside of a barn. IMHO Dylan was better the MI’s QB last year and definitely better than what they had this year. Dylan could mean this team gets to 8-9 wins next year.

You must be a hell of a prognosticator. In two years at Michigan Dylan was 18 for 35 for 235 yards. But then again that’s so much better than what we have.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back