• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why can't NCAA allow teams to schedule a 13th game this year?

The Impaler

Cake or Death?
15 Year Member
I've mentioned this in a couple other threads but I think it deserves its own discussion. In light of theOU game scheduling debacle, it raises the question, why can't the NCAA allow teams to schedule a 13th game this year only? It allows teams like NU, and cities like Lincoln to recoup some extra lost revenue to help these schools and towns out. It would also allow these smaller schools to grab a payday and boost their economic plight. How come nobody is suggesting this?

Have they said they would not allow it?

Sounds like Nebraska is still attempting to do so

Have they said they would not allow it?

Sounds like Nebraska is still attempting to do so
Nebraska is attempting to get a game in Week One but all assumptions are that they will either move the late OOC game to that week, or buy out that late OOC game and schedule a new. What I'm saying is, let every team go to 13 games for the extra revenue. It would be better for all involved: local businesses, tv partners, larger U's, and smaller U's.

Nebraska is attempting to get a game in Week One but all assumptions are that they will either move the late OOC game to that week, or buy out that late OOC game and schedule a new. What I'm saying is, let every team go to 13 games for the extra revenue. It would be better for all involved: local businesses, tv partners, larger U's, and smaller U's.
People are chompin at the bit, it will work, likely better attendance than most will have seen in awhile.

If they want their revenues to pick up, go with the revenue maker, cfb.

Part of their argument against expanding the playoffs has been the wear and tear of the extra game. I don't see them admitting they were wrong.

I've mentioned this in a couple other threads but I think it deserves its own discussion. In light of theOU game scheduling debacle, it raises the question, why can't the NCAA allow teams to schedule a 13th game this year only? It allows teams like NU, and cities like Lincoln to recoup some extra lost revenue to help these schools and towns out. It would also allow these smaller schools to grab a payday and boost their economic plight. How come nobody is suggesting this?
Our team didn't even want to play 9 last year, let alone 13!

You are talking about the NCAA and making sense.The two are not compatible. I agree with your point,but with the NCAA?

I suppose the NCAA could -- if they wanted to. But I highly doubt they do.

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago when discussing the OU game fiasco, Nebraska can't just add a 13th game without NCAA approval. And if they approve a 13th game for Nebraska, they truly have to open it up to all teams.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back