• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked why banderas only jumped a few spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshirts82

Recruit
5 Year Member
also asked why banderas didn't move up more.

Josh Helmholdt:
Matt - Josh just did move up a few spots in the 250. He's a good-sized LB, good athlete with good speed. Plays a little stiffer than some ranked ahead of him, but all in all we like him a lot

Whats with your vendetta against Rivals? Are you trying to prove something??

I dont have a vendetta against rivals. I think they are very opinion based and don't have very much creditability anymore.

I asked this questions because josh did a very well at the linebacking camp he went to against the elite. I was thinking he would be in the top linebackers and move up quite a bit. Close to the 200. Also people are wondering about our recruits whos going to move up and stuff. I had the opportunity to talk to josh so i did it. PERIOD

I guess i did prove to myself and possibly to others that rivals doesn't do there homework as much as other sites. This is my opinion.

I look at the guys that talked about Banderas and how they said he was one of the top LB.

I then look at johnny. There were pro quarterbacks and coaches saying johnny stanton was great one of the top qbs in the country, but then a couple of guys from rivals degrades his talent but ranking 20 -25 qbs ahead of him in the rankings.

Its happening all of there country not just at nebraska.

I'm stoked to have the guys here. I dont care what rivals says anymore. They are our guys and our coaches will make them perform to there top ability and rivals can go fly a kite.

I dont have a vendetta against rivals. I think they are very opinion based and don't have very much creditability anymore.

I asked this questions because josh did a very well at the linebacking camp he went to against the elite. I was thinking he would be in the top linebackers and move up quite a bit. Close to the 200. Also people are wondering about our recruits whos going to move up and stuff. I had the opportunity to talk to josh so i did it. PERIOD

I guess i did prove to myself and possibly to others that rivals doesn't do there homework as much as other sites. This is my opinion.

I look at the guys that talked about Banderas and how they said he was one of the top LB.

I then look at johnny. There were pro quarterbacks and coaches saying johnny stanton was great one of the top qbs in the country, but then a couple of guys from rivals degrades his talent but ranking 20 -25 qbs ahead of him in the rankings.

Its happening all of there country not just at nebraska.

I'm stoked to have the guys here. I dont care what rivals says anymore. They are our guys and our coaches will make them perform to there top ability and rivals can go fly a kite.

Thats unfortunate you feel that way, when a majority, yet not all of the info that comes onto this very recruiting board is a derivative of Rivals. Keep on hating I guess.

In the same way it's important to get your news from multiple views, I think it's important to get a thorough look from different services. Check the majors, but also take a few minutes to Google the name and see if there's anything local. Often, you'll find quotes to local reporters they'd rather not say to a major network writer. Right or not, the staff of recruiting services are often looked at as employed fans and a lot of these guys don't want to disappoint. It isn't uncommon to have cookie cutter answers for different teams across the same network.

"Oh, the visit to _______ couldn't have gone better. Coach _____ is a great guy to be around and I really clicked with __________ and ________."

Consider different views and you'll come out with a more comprehensive understanding. I'm biased towards 247, but still acknowledge Rivals.

In the same way it's important to get your news from multiple views, I think it's important to get a thorough look from different services. Check the majors, but also take a few minutes to Google the name and see if there's anything local. Often, you'll find quotes to local reporters they'd rather not say to a major network writer. Right or not, the staff of recruiting services are often looked at as employed fans and a lot of these guys don't want to disappoint. It isn't uncommon to have cookie cutter answers for different teams across the same network.

"Oh, the visit to _______ couldn't have gone better. Coach _____ is a great guy to be around and I really clicked with __________ and ________."

Consider different views and you'll come out with a more comprehensive understanding. I'm biased towards 247, but still acknowledge Rivals.

As always thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back