• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why Aranda?

The highest paid assistants (coordinators) in college football make around $2 million/yr. Aranda currently makes $4 million/yr. We aren't going to give him a raise above $4 million to be an assistant -- no one would.
But he'd definitely be worth it. He has a proven track record as a great assistant coach.

if Aranda has a successful season - I'm all in. I doubt he wants to leave Baylor after just 2 years from what I can pick up of his character, so offer him $7.5 mil and tell him to get to work

Not happening in terms of both salary and position. This is a bad troll. Lol
Not really a troll, but the use of sarcasm to make my point that the last thing we need to do at this point in time is take a chance on a guy because he's been a good assistant coach. We need to hire an established head coach who has been consistently successful. Dave Aranda may be that guy at some point in time, but he isn't that guy today. We can't risk screwing this one up and setting our program back to the stone age, if we aren't already there.

Why Aranda? Because he had one great season as a head coach. And we all know that a guy who had one great season would be a perfect fit at Nebraska.

Oh, wait....
I'd say it's already been decided via fan acclamation. I sure hope our AD is all in on the fans choice for our new HC!

Aranda is what, .500 as an HC. He got lucky with Grimes. Had he not picked up Grimes as the OC he would have won 6 games last year tops. Most of you seem to think that Trev has a good sense about this, he does not. He fancies himself a businessman, worked this wonderful deal with Frost to save millions, then paid him anyway and got raw dogged by OU. Trev has proven he is good at eliminating football programs, not saving them.

Aranda is what, .500 as an HC. He got lucky with Grimes. Had he not picked up Grimes as the OC he would have won 6 games last year tops. Most of you seem to think that Trev has a good sense about this, he does not. He fancies himself a businessman, worked this wonderful deal with Frost to save millions, then paid him anyway and got raw dogged by OU. Trev has proven he is good at eliminating football programs, not saving them.
Ouch.

Not really a troll, but the use of sarcasm to make my point that the last thing we need to do at this point in time is take a chance on a guy because he's been a good assistant coach. We need to hire an established head coach who has been consistently successful. Dave Aranda may be that guy at some point in time, but he isn't that guy today. We can't risk screwing this one up and setting our program back to the stone age, if we aren't already there.
Scott already put us in the stone age and people wanted more of it. There is no way our program can be set back any further than being arguably the worst in P5. So we got that going for us!!!!

Which is nice.

Troll post.

But he'd definitely be worth it. He has a proven track record as a great assistant coach.
So if Aranda with a lengthy resume as a proven P5 coach, B1G/SEC experience and doing very well in his 2nd year at Baylor ... is too inexperienced for you ... please share your Why ____? choice as head coach! Better yet why not start a thread and list your reasons for your preferred coach!

First Dave Aranda is 16-10 as a HC ... hardly 0.500.
Second Dave Aranda has won a conference championship as a HC
Third as a P5 DC he's been part of a team that has (a) won an SEC championship, (b) won the B1G West, (c) won a national championship

I would like you to expound on what you would have done differently as AD that TA has done in his year plus here at NU? I think yours is an emotional post directed towards an individual you do not like in the role he's in ... and you are casting dispersions without backing them up with facts, data, insights or even logical opinions!

I think we keep MJ as OC if Aranda is hired. They have NC experience together and he and Grimes don't have a long history (although they share the same NC experience as he and MJ).

DA will need someone he trusts to help him navigate NU Football.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back