• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why Aranda?

I think we keep MJ as OC if Aranda is hired. They have NC experience together and he and Grimes don't have a long history (although they share the same NC experience as he and MJ).

DA will need someone he trusts to help him navigate NU Football.
I do think keeping MJ is very important but I would hope that Grimes comes as OC. Let MJ stay on as Associate Head Coach, passing game coordinator and WR Coach.

I will be honest. I did not know a lot about Aranda off the top of my head. I had heard the name but could not have laid out details.

Started looking. His history says winner. Watching BU against ISU. His D plays hard and opportunistic. His life plan seems a lot like Dr. Tom.

I think he would want to keep Mickey as they have coached together.

As a result I am a buyer.

No mattrr the miney why would he leave a P5 HC job to be an assistant. That is the dumbest idea I have heard. That would be an insult.
Nebraska has some of the dumbest fans in football. It has been so long that many have never seen good football.

Interesting thing about DA. He is similar to TO, but he's the D wizard not O,arguably the harder of the two to coach this way because of attitudes
yet he brings it.
After this game,he's my hoped for choice.
That would be an interesting thread discussion …. What would be easier to coach … offense or defense. IMO offense requires more precision, it requires almost all facets to be on the same page.

If a receiver runs the wrong route, if a linemen fails to block well enough … then play fails. Defense requires precision too but less so than offense IMO.

Reactions: Yep
This is what he was discussing in the post-game interview that he was also discussing earlier this week. It's heady for sure.

I think we keep MJ as OC if Aranda is hired. They have NC experience together and he and Grimes don't have a long history (although they share the same NC experience as he and MJ).

DA will need someone he trusts to help him navigate NU Football.
He does not. And Mickey Joseph is not a good candidate for OC - he has never ever called plays - it’s a terrible idea

Why Aranda? Because he had one great season as a head coach. And we all know that a guy who had one great season would be a perfect fit at Nebraska.

Oh, wait....
He is also a proven DC. Additionally he has worked with more proven assistant coaches and recruiters than the other names being floated around.

This will be a must because of Nebraska's location and uphill climb recruiting. Must have ace recruiters in addition to being good developers or we will be mired in mediocrity at best.

That would be an interesting thread discussion …. What would be easier to coach … offense or defense. IMO offense requires more precision, it requires almost all facets to be on the same page.

If a receiver runs the wrong route, if a linemen fails to block well enough … then play fails. Defense requires precision too but less so than offense IMO.
On a great defense, s blown coverage, LB not moving guys etc, and disruptive.
All things on the edge of psychological discipline.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back