• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who's next?

Stuck in the South

Red Shirt
2 Year Member
Know everyone is hoping for a certain TE commit that I don't think is going to happen anytime soon as he weighs his options. So, any thoughts who is close to committing.

Sorry, but IMO TEs are underutilized at DONU. Wouldn't blame a "certain TE commit" for looking elsewhere.
I think most schools underuse tight ends. Just the nature of the game today. Iowa and Penn State come to mind as teams that use tight ends a lot. If this kid is good enough for the NFL, they will find him no matter where he goes to school. Hope we get him, the kid looks to be very talented

I think most schools underuse tight ends. Just the nature of the game today. Iowa and Penn State come to mind as teams that use tight ends a lot. If this kid is good enough for the NFL, they will find him no matter where he goes to school. Hope we get him, the kid looks to be very talented
Tight ends like full backs are becoming dinosaurs. They are now looking for HBack types that are hybrids etc.

There were 14 TEs with 500 yards plus last season in the NFL. Three with 1000 plus yards. They’re definitely a staple of many offensive systems. The good ones are highly utilized.
And they also use fullbacks in the NFL. The point @Huskerthom is making is that the TE's and Fullbacks are becoming rarer and rarer in college football due to the offenses being run. I agree, a good TE is going to get drafted, regardless of college stats, as will FB's.

Sorry, but IMO TEs are underutilized at DONU. Wouldn't blame a "certain TE commit" for looking elsewhere.
I may be wrong, but didn't Scott's offense at UCF make good use of the TE position? I thought it had been used successfully there. I would think if he had success with it at UCF, he would try to implement it more in Lincoln. With the appropriate talent on board.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back