• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who would you be 'happy' with?

Which of these coaches would you be happy with (check all that apply)

• Total voters
my list is different than yours, but I agree that the conditions are good for fishing at the moment
I literally clicked every name on the list, and would add Chris Peterson, Bill O'Brien, Dave Clawson, Dave Doeren, Eric Bieniemy, Brian Florez, Mark Stoops, Matt Rhule, and probably 6 people I can't think of right now. Heck, I think I'd be on board for just about anyone other than Rick Neuheisel, Scott Frost, and Lane Kiffin (all the Urban baggage, half the success).

I think that our fan base and administration is in a position to help more than hurt, letting the coach do work. Trev is setting a tone from the AD office we haven't had in a long time (Bill Bryne?). We, the fans aren't braggadocios the way we were when Frost was hired (really, books were being published before he even coached his first game). We are more patient than we were when Bo and Billy C were hired. I think we are silent (well, as silent as message board fans can be) and hungry. Combined the fans and AD will support and give rope, but we still have standards.

I do think that a Matt C is close to the same hire as Mike Riley. I realize his record is better, but not by much-61% vs 56% so Matt Campbell wins 1 more game every two years. No Thank You!
He’s not my first choice, but he’s much younger than Riley and at a completely different point in his life and his coaching career. Their records are similar but that’s pretty much where the similarity ends.

I literally clicked every name on the list, and would add Chris Peterson, Bill O'Brien, Dave Clawson, Dave Doeren, Eric Bieniemy, Brian Florez, Mark Stoops, Matt Rhule, and probably 6 people I can't think of right now. Heck, I think I'd be on board for just about anyone other than Rick Neuheisel, Scott Frost, and Lane Kiffin (all the Urban baggage, half the success).

I think that our fan base and administration is in a position to help more than hurt, letting the coach do work. Trev is setting a tone from the AD office we haven't had in a long time (Bill Bryne?). We, the fans aren't braggadocios the way we were when Frost was hired (really, books were being published before he even coached his first game). We are more patient than we were when Bo and Billy C were hired. I think we are silent (well, as silent as message board fans can be) and hungry. Combined the fans and AD will support and give rope, but we still have standards.
I can’t believe I forgot to put mark stoops on this list. He is in my personal top-5

I have power-5 head coaching experience as a must have for me to be happy on this hire, so my list is a bit shorter than yours

Some only clicked one name, ooff.

C

it's about more than the W/L record at Jacksonville for me

1663962825634.gif

Last edited:
No doubt Matt can build a good culture and I like when coaches are involved in charity work. PJ fleck and his wife have done great work with local charities and something I admire about him.

This was a good listen from Campbell and put him in my number two spot.

C

Now you gone and done it. You're going to rile up the PJ haters cause they all know he can't possibly have even a single redeeming quality. :Stirthepot:

Thunder would work great with Urban because he famously said after his conviction "I ain't no snitch"
and that is exactly the kind of people you are going to need around you when your Friday nights at the bar look like this:

9FFCD673-3810-4161-96E9-EA054A296F48-scaled.jpeg
Yeah - I think ol’ Urbs has a few too many of the ‘hobbies’ Trev is trying to avoid…

GET TICKETS

Back