• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who would you be 'happy' with?

Which of these coaches would you be happy with (check all that apply)

• Total voters

For the record, I am not against Matt Campbell. Was just trying to show there is a gamble with all coaches, I wish you could have had a normal discussion instead of reverting to your usual snark.

C

Snark is easy and contributes little to any conversation. And is often not very funny.

Matt Campbell is absolutely a HC that Trev should vet through his own prescribed process - also a high character guy, and what he brought with him to ISU (I believe they call it Victory Day) for youth with disabilities is evidence of that. Outside of being a very good College Football HC - who has garnered interest from many programs over the past few years because of his success building the ISU program - he is a culture builder who has an ability to relate to today's young athletes.

Again, my preference is Dave Aranda. I think he is worth every opportunity to vet through the process. If TA ultimately decides he is the guy and DA accepts an offer, I believe Nebraska wins. If he is not offered, or chooses to decline, there are other guys on the list - some we probably don't even know about - that will give Nebraska a chance to rise.

Snark is easy and contributes little to any conversation. And is often not very funny.

Matt Campbell is absolutely a HC that Trev should vet through his own prescribed process - also a high character guy, and what he brought with him to ISU (I believe they call it Victory Day) for youth with disabilities is evidence of that. Outside of being a very good College Football HC - who has garnered interest from many programs over the past few years because of his success building the ISU program - he is a culture builder who has an ability to relate to today's young athletes.

Again, my preference is Dave Aranda. I think he is worth every opportunity to vet through the process. If TA ultimately decides he is the guy and DA accepts an offer, I believe Nebraska wins. If he is not offered, or chooses to decline, there are other guys on the list - some we probably don't even know about - that will give Nebraska a chance to rise.

No doubt Matt can build a good culture and I like when coaches are involved in charity work. PJ fleck and his wife have done great work with local charities and something I admire about him.

This was a good listen from Campbell and put him in my number two spot.

C

Jim Leonard is Dave Aranda 7 years ago. Aranda Lite.

I've got nothing against Leonard, and wouldn't be totally against him being hired. But what Leonard is doing now, Aranda can say "been there, done that."

Jim Leonard is Dave Aranda 7 years ago. Aranda Lite.

I've got nothing against Leonard, and wouldn't be totally against him being hired. But what Leonard is doing now, Aranda can say "been there, done that."
I highly value the 'experience' of being a head coach and being given the reins of a program

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Back