• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who would you be 'happy' with?

Which of these coaches would you be happy with (check all that apply)

• Total voters

BARNUM is back

Son of NUM
5 Year Member
out of these names - which ones would you say "I'm happy with that" when the announcement is made

I was limited to 10 - tried to put the consensus top candidates in there, but couldn't fit Klienmen, Peterson, Clawson, Doereen, Bieniemy, Rhule, Kiffin.

out of these names - which ones would you say "I'm happy with that" when the announcement is made

I was limited to 10 - tried to put the consensus top candidates in there, but couldn't fit Klienmen, Peterson, Clawson, Doereen, Bieniemy, Rhule, Kiffin.
I'd be happy with Whittingham as well. Urban is still tops of my wish list, instant recruiting/ transfer results, quickest turnaround.

20131223_mta_sv7_025.0.1502062197.0.jpg

Urban was a tricky one for me, because I do not* want trev to hire Urban. I want to just pass on that mess and the way his Jacksonville stint ended was just so gross. BUT if the announcement pops up on Twitter introducing us to HCUM (oh no!) I will be able to say "okay let's give this a shot - there is a chance it could be great" so I cast a vote for Urbs

My list, in order of preference.
Meyer
Petersen
Whittingham
Liepold
Aranda
Campbell

Back up the truck at the top and start going down the list. This is not the time to gamble or be frugal.

I'll be pleased with whomever that Alberts hires. I have no reason to believe that he is not going to find the "right" coach.
surely there are limits to that though, right? just shooting for the extremes here - Cosgrove, Carl Pelini, Lee Corso. Maybe you're saying that your line is somewhere outside of this list?

were you happy when the Mike Riley hire was announced? I wasn't, I can't imagine that I was alone

surely there are limits to that though, right? just shooting for the extremes here - Cosgrove, Carl Pelini, Lee Corso. Maybe you're saying that your line is somewhere outside of this list?

were you happy when the Mike Riley hire was announced? I wasn't, I can't imagine that I was alone
Alberts isn't going to hire one of those guys or even someone like them. He is smarter than that, and he has a big enough checkbook that he doesn't need to settle for dregs.

I wasn't happy about the Riley hire but I still supported him until it became obvious he wasn't going to get it done. Eichorst was an idiot though. Alberts is not an idiot.

This poll might look a lot different if you repost it after Saturday. Flavor of the week, etc.

you can change your answers in the poll!
but I don't think these are really flavors of the week. Aranda losing to Campbell this week wouldn't erase what he has done at BU or his pedigree. now if one of these coaches really struggles over the course of the year I could see them falling off. but to see each week as a kind of elimination match is too unsophisticated for even us :p

Urban was a tricky one for me, because I do not* want trev to hire Urban. I want to just pass on that mess and the way his Jacksonville stint ended was just so gross. BUT if the announcement pops up on Twitter introducing us to HCUM (oh no!) I will be able to say "okay let's give this a shot - there is a chance it could be great" so I cast a vote for Urbs
His stint in Jacksonville has nothing to do with his ability to recruit and coach college football. You think Florida and Ohio State regret hiring him?

GET TICKETS

Back