• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who would you be 'happy' with?

Which of these coaches would you be happy with (check all that apply)

• Total voters
My list:
1. Urban Meyer
2. Urban Meyer
3. Urban Meyer

4. If not Urban Meyer, Dave Aranda

tenor.gif

Urban was a tricky one for me, because I do not* want trev to hire Urban. I want to just pass on that mess and the way his Jacksonville stint ended was just so gross. BUT if the announcement pops up on Twitter introducing us to HCUM (oh no!) I will be able to say "okay let's give this a shot - there is a chance it could be great" so I cast a vote for Urbs
My biggest response to urb echoes yours. I can dream about the upside, I just don’t believe it. If he somehow is announced as coach I’ll trust trev did his do diligence and didn’t just beg him with a blank check. If urb wants to prove his metal as an all time great he can fix this mess and stick it out for a few more years than he did at BG and Utah. But, it ain’t happening as I’ve suggested before he has no interest in this kinda work.

I'm not sure I'd be "happy" with any of the names. I'm going to have to talk myself into whoever our next coach is. That being said, the ones I chose that I'd have the least issues with were: Aranda, Fickell, Campbell, Leipold, Whittingham (not listed).

Urban I could come to terms with after some time. But, I definitely wouldn't be "happy" about it.

I won’t be happy with anyone who comes for just the money, I will be happy with someone who comes here because they want to turn the he program around and stay long term because they want to leave a legacy.

If slightly less than 100 HM responders are representative of the NU fan base, then only Aranda makes two-thirds or more of the fan base happy — and he makes more than 9 out of 10 happy. Small sample size, but telling nonetheless.

GET TICKETS

Back