• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who was the best/your favorite FB?

Wasn't that against Nick Foles or was he not there yet?

It was indeed against Foles, who was a sophomore. Zac Lee whipped him in the box score that game.

Passing:
UA: N. Foles, 6-20-1, 28 yds, 0 TDs
NU: Zac Lee 13-23-0, 173 yds, 1 TD

Alex Henery probably could have beaten Arizona by himself that night. He was a perfect 4/4 on field goals, including a 50-yarder. Plus, he managed to bury three different punts inside the 'Zona 15 yard line. Arizona only attempted to return a single punt and they lost a yard when they did.

The defense recovered an INT, forced a fumble and sacked Foles twice.

Offense managed three TDs - one from Lee on the aforementioned Suh-Fullback Fake Out, plus a bomb to Niles Paul and another by a freshman tailback known as Rex Burkhead.

With all the Super Bowl hype, it's funny to reminisce about a different bowl game that saw Suh draw his Husker campaign to a close and Rex begin to open up his own legacy.

Highlights below, plus the full game can be found linked on the HMax Game page:
https://www.huskermax.com/game/2009-arizona-football/

Kinney was an I back.

Roger Craig was my fav FB, especially when he played for the 'niners. First FB to rush and receive for 1000 yards. I can still see him high stepping out of the grasp of would-be tacklers.

Lots of great FBs at Nebraska ... I am a bit biased with Cory Schlesinger though ... his 4th quarter Orange Bowl performance is how I will likely always view Nebraska.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back