• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who steps up Saturday

Who steps up?

• Offensive line

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Running backs

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Wide receivers

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Tight end

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Logan smothers

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

70county

Scout Team
20 Year Member
Enough with the Martinez debate in this thread. Regardless of weather he is not good enough or not getting enough help, it’s clear either way someone else has to step up and do special thinks to kick start the offense. Who will it be?

I couldn’t even vote. I agree that they all NEED too. Zero confidence they will. If they did we are in this game.
At some point, it just has to come down to, will the players stop accepting failing? Pride? I know NU has some talent, more than many many teams, but they don’t play like it. The players have to stop accepting it and change that. That’s about as simple as it is really.

i expect that cinderella's 'pumpkin coach' to go full jack o lantern saturday and coach chananders defense get exposed by a high powered offense. so the offense needs to keep them off the field and finish drives. unless we somehow come out with a completely different mindset, lean on there smaller defensive line and slow there pursuit as the game moves along, i expect the game to be over early. this staff doesn't believe in running the football, aside from broken pass plays from player not to be mentioned here. they will most likely try to keep pace, go 3 and out, be forced into turnovers trying to make plays, because the team enters panic mode the second they get behind. we do not have the athletes outside to win contested balls, nor get open frequently enough to keep pace.

our best out come is for the O-Line to take over the game like vs wisconsin a few years back. i just don't see it. i know we will have a great week of practice, but we don't practice that way, we don't play that way. i'd love to see someone outside, run-through there pass pattern, rather than turning and running backward a few steps and then jumping off time making off target throws look uncatchable. go up in the end zone and win "50/50" balls that are thrown to the 1 guy that has an 8" height advantage (I'm talking to you austin allen) and not stumble over there own 2 feet. i want to see a runner, make someone miss in the backfield that wasn't blocked, and make some tough yards that perhaps weren't there. i want to see some continues downfield blocking from someone not named omar. i want to see a return from conner culp to last years form that made him all B1G. i want to see full punt block on every punt, no exceptions.

there is a good chance logan smothers gets in this game. lets run some more options, without B1G officials, and see what we have there. it has looked good from both QB's. its way too much to ask for a return of ken kaelin...

i don't know who makes a play saturday, but we need them. we need a lot of them, and from a lot of different people.

#GBR

It’s going to need to be everyone. It has to be the entire team, willing to no longer accept poor play, to change that and show it. The fire down inside needs brought out.
Was gonna say same thing. Special teams have to be very special and the rest of the team, everyone better be ready

Frost needs to come prepared with a game plan

They start the game as they have the rest. It’s over before it begins.

i expect that cinderella's 'pumpkin coach' to go full jack o lantern saturday and coach chananders defense get exposed by a high powered offense. so the offense needs to keep them off the field and finish drives. unless we somehow come out with a completely different mindset, lean on there smaller defensive line and slow there pursuit as the game moves along, i expect the game to be over early. this staff doesn't believe in running the football, aside from broken pass plays from player not to be mentioned here. they will most likely try to keep pace, go 3 and out, be forced into turnovers trying to make plays, because the team enters panic mode the second they get behind. we do not have the athletes outside to win contested balls, nor get open frequently enough to keep pace.

our best out come is for the O-Line to take over the game like vs wisconsin a few years back. i just don't see it. i know we will have a great week of practice, but we don't practice that way, we don't play that way. i'd love to see someone outside, run-through there pass pattern, rather than turning and running backward a few steps and then jumping off time making off target throws look uncatchable. go up in the end zone and win "50/50" balls that are thrown to the 1 guy that has an 8" height advantage (I'm talking to you austin allen) and not stumble over there own 2 feet. i want to see a runner, make someone miss in the backfield that wasn't blocked, and make some tough yards that perhaps weren't there. i want to see some continues downfield blocking from someone not named omar. i want to see a return from conner culp to last years form that made him all B1G. i want to see full punt block on every punt, no exceptions.

there is a good chance logan smothers gets in this game. lets run some more options, without B1G officials, and see what we have there. it has looked good from both QB's. its way too much to ask for a return of ken kaelin...

i don't know who makes a play saturday, but we need them. we need a lot of them, and from a lot of different people.

#GBR
All day this right here
Time to show the fans what cha made of

Last edited:

OK, play along... sometimes I share my therapy techniques:

Imagine if you will that SF knew that the only chance he had to really make an impact on his faltering fanbase was with a good showing at Oklahoma so he's been sandbagging the "good" plays and only showing the vanilla thinking it would have been enough for the first 2 games and still be able to surprise Oklahoma.

That's my therapy bubble and come Saturday if it pops I hope to be adequately inebriated so as to cause minimal suffrage.

GET TICKETS

Back