• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who steps up Saturday

Who steps up?

• Offensive line

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Running backs

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Wide receivers

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Tight end

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Logan smothers

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
Enough with the Martinez debate in this thread. Regardless of weather he is not good enough or not getting enough help, it’s clear either way someone else has to step up and do special thinks to kick start the offense. Who will it be?
It’s going to need to be everyone. It has to be the entire team, willing to no longer accept poor play, to change that and show it. The fire down inside needs brought out.
Not enough options Dakota County & no defense as options. @Husker In Oklahoma comes closest ... total team effort. GBR!!!

How about Markese Stepp? :thumbsup:

6133e1d221119.image.jpg

After watching this crap for 3 years after watching it for 3 years before that….. it would not surprise me that our coach would not realize we had a game 1 week sooner than everyone else. Thinking we could “save” the good stuff and get by our FCS and MAC opponents before stepping on the field vs a power 5 team.
Watching the execution vs Illinois with a 1st year coach, coming off a 2-6 year it’s the best explanation I have heard.
he's been sandbagging the "good" plays and only showing the vanilla thinking it would have been enough for the first 2 games and still be able to surprise Oklahoma.

We need to run the ball and pressure the qb. Neither of which we have been good at this year so far

Last edited:
I'm confused as to why Smothers is an option and AM isn't? AM is our starter. He's the qb that knows our offense the best and we need him to step up and play really well. If Smothers enters the game, it means we are either getting killed, we are killing them, or AM is injured.

The entire team has to step up. Its going to take a great effort on all fronts.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Back