• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Should Be The Next Coach After Frost?

If it becomes apparent that we have to replace Frost, I'm wondering who we should go after. I just don't think it makes sense to go after the same old coaching circle guys who have been around quite some time and have already failed somewhere else.
The only 2 current coaches I think would work would be Matt Campbell or Lincoln Riley. Would they be willing to come to NU if we threw enough $ at them?
The other alternative would be to find another "Diamond in the Rough" like Devaney. Much easier said than done.
I suggest going after one of the current coaches that run the elite High School programs around the US. Schools like IMG or Mater Dei where kids transfer in from other high schools to get a chance to play there.
You could probably offer them 2-3 times their current salary and still be under 1 million a year. Offer them good sized performance bonuses if they were able to perform better than expected.
I think these coaches would have knowledge of very good assistant coaches to hire either from HS or college.
Just wondered if anyone thinks this idea would work for NU?

If it becomes apparent that we have to replace Frost, I'm wondering who we should go after. I just don't think it makes sense to go after the same old coaching circle guys who have been around quite some time and have already failed somewhere else.
The only 2 current coaches I think would work would be Matt Campbell or Lincoln Riley. Would they be willing to come to NU if we threw enough $ at them?
The other alternative would be to find another "Diamond in the Rough" like Devaney. Much easier said than done.
I suggest going after one of the current coaches that run the elite High School programs around the US. Schools like IMG or Mater Dei where kids transfer in from other high schools to get a chance to play there.
You could probably offer them 2-3 times their current salary and still be under 1 million a year. Offer them good sized performance bonuses if they were able to perform better than expected.
I think these coaches would have knowledge of very good assistant coaches to hire either from HS or college.
Not sure. That person is probably in grade school right now.

I think it is reasonable to start speculating on a new coach after 3 straight losing seasons and I believe most fans expect Frost to be fired after this next season unless he at minimum has a winning season. We have a tougher than usual schedule and no apparent college level players at wr and rb (could make arguments elsewhere as well).

Cant imagine Lincoln Riley going to Nebraska. Matt Campbell would be intriguing and I could see him atleast considering for enough money.

Paul Johnson or one of the Navy/Army coaches could be interesting.

Brent Venable would be interesting (but their D sure looked awful against OSU).

As an assistant coach, Zac Taylor could be interesting. Perhaps if he had a good year next year people would even mention as a head coach. I suspect if he does well, he sticks to the NFL and if he does poor an offensive coordinator is as good as he would get.

Gus malzahn or tom herman could be names people pitched.

Lane Kiffin if he has a good season would be interesting. I am not a big fan of the guy but has connections.

I think it's fair to say that there needs to be a clear expectation of a .500 record or better next year. For now let's just hope and cheer for it to get done. .

And btw....

Lincoln Riley - lol
Matt Campbell- not going to happen
Taylor as OC? Lol

People need to get real with their expectations.

I think it's fair to say that there needs to be a clear expectation of a .500 record or better next year. For now let's just hope and cheer for it to get done. .

And btw....

Lincoln Riley - lol
Matt Campbell- not going to happen
Taylor as OC? Lol

People need to get real with their expectations.
I heard Bob Stoops is available.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back