5 Year Member
If we do what you say, after seven years, like the last three years, the Husker Program will be DEAD Jim......... (Star Trek reference for those of you in Rio Linda, not a personal attack).I’m sorry, but I think this is a ridiculous post! Bill Moos has stated that coach Frost is no where near a hot seat and coach Frost has a 7 year contract. Our program has been a revolving door of coaches and as a program became craptastic! What we need is some consistency in the program and we need all of this negative banter to go away, because all it does is make it harder for coach Frost to rebuild this program. We need to give him 6 or 7 years, even if the years leading up to that are crappy. If after 7 years we still suck, fire him. At least we show future coaches that they will be given a chance to turn things around before they are fired. But in my opinion, by year 7 coach Frost will have us humming!
Seriously, you can see with your own eyes that there has been no progress over the last three years:
1. No improvement in winning (most important thing) CHECK
2. No evidence of player development CHECK
3. Clear evidence of good players leaving before they can be developed CHECK
4. Concerns that player evaluation is flawed (QB) CHECK
5. Failure to win, winnable games due to coaching mistakes: blown half time leads, 3rd string QB's leading late 4th quarter rallies, etc CHECK
Some of us are ready to make the jump now given the strength of schedule in 2021 making it almost impossible to have a winning season (Can you show me 7 wins, at my most optimistic I can't find three ).
Thus why not realize that despite many of us including me thinking Scott was Obi-Wan coming home, we were wrong and that we have get a divorce and to move on.
Dail 1-800 Lance Leipold (proven winner, with Nebraska ties no less is my choice).