• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who impressed you the most today?

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
This isn't a poll and I didn't see the whole game (sorry, I napped after turkey hunting this AM).

But which non-starter jumped out at you?

I have to go with Jaquez Yant. He certainly looked big and strong enough, and probably fast enough. Would like to have seen him get more more carries. Also thought the Bullock ("The Garage") kid from Creighton Prep make a couple of good plays. Was happy to see Martinez looking thinner and quicker.

Last edited:

This isn't a poll and I didn't see the whole game (sorry, I napped after turkey hunting this AM).

But which non-starter jumped out at you?
I would say Yant, however I believe based off of what I’m hearing that he will be the starter for us at some point this season, and you asked for non starter.

The Polar Bear handled himself better than I thought he would in year 2.

Yant, Ervin, Manning, Corcoran, Toure,
Toby Wright. Wright is still jacked!

I thought AM looked quicker and in control. He needs to stay healthy. Haarberg is going to be the backup IMO. He needs time but the tools are there.
The O Line actually looks like an O line. We will see.

The Polar Bear handled himself better than I thought he would in year 2.

Polar Bear= plugeus el lineus

Hutmacher looked like a beast, and the best part was that he showed excellent technique. I tried to watch him as much as the cameras allowed, and I only ever saw him getting double-teamed, yet he never gave ground, and he almost always split the double-team to apply pressure against passes in the pocket. That's Tuioti getting it done as a coach because he was raw strength with almost no technique coming out of high school. He's going to get some playing time, which is ideal as we can keep Daniels fresh without wearing out Riley.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back