• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who has the coaching carousel Scoop?

I got to know Ben Sasse when I was in college, and he had nothing but good things to say about the family. My time in college overlapped with Gdowski's sister, who ran track, but I never knew her. That family had some good genes.
Family has some real good genes, I will admit when I played for Gerry Sr. it wasn't fun, but when you grow up some things that where important then are so much now. Sr. has done a lot for the school here over the years and his second wife was an administrator. Their daughter had to give up volleyball at UNO because of bad knees. Everyone seemed to be uber talented.

Family has some real good genes, I will admit when I played for Gerry Sr. it wasn't fun, but when you grow up some things that where important then are so much now. Sr. has done a lot for the school here over the years and his second wife was an administrator. Their daughter had to give up volleyball at UNO because of bad knees. Everyone seemed to be uber talented.

I've never been to Fremont, but I've heard a lot about it through Sasse and because of the Gdowskis. I think I was mainly talking with Sasse about the Gdowski kids, just to clarify. What did the dad coach? As long as you know about Fremont, I have a few more questions for you. Didn't Sasse's dad coach wrestling? Didn't Sasse play QB for Fremont, too? If I remember right, I think he either was encouraged to play football at Harvard, or else he walked on briefly. I can't remember.

I've never been to Fremont, but I've heard a lot about it through Sasse and because of the Gdowskis. I think I was mainly talking with Sasse about the Gdowski kids, just to clarify. What did the dad coach? As long as you know about Fremont, I have a few more questions for you. Didn't Sasse's dad coach wrestling? Didn't Sasse play QB for Fremont, too? If I remember right, I think he either was encouraged to play football at Harvard, or else he walked on briefly. I can't remember.

Gerry Sr. was was head football and throws coach for track. Gerry Jr. was 2 years ahead of me in school, Linda was a year ahead and Ben Sasse was behind me and I thought he just wrestled wasn't sure he played football and yes his dad was Jr High wrestling coach.

I think UNC will improve rapidly with Brown but I don't know what the ceiling is. They have had a tough go of it with injuries and suspensions the last two years. They also have two freshmen QBs who showed real potential in limited time under difficult circumstances. The overall talent level is better than the record indicates.

My question would be what the long term plan is. Are they hoping to groom someone to take over or are they simply trying to put the program back on better footing in order to make a better hire in 5-6 years?

Gerry Sr. was was head football and throws coach for track. Gerry Jr. was 2 years ahead of me in school, Linda was a year ahead and Ben Sasse was behind me and I thought he just wrestled wasn't sure he played football and yes his dad was Jr High wrestling coach.

Thanks for the response. Was there another sister besides Linda?

I think UNC will improve rapidly with Brown but I don't know what the ceiling is....

My question would be what the long term plan is. Are they hoping to groom someone to take over or are they simply trying to put the program back on better footing in order to make a better hire in 5-6 years?

I completely agree with the above.

Thanks for the response. Was there another sister besides Linda?
Actually 2, the last one from his first marriage was quite a bit younger than me and I can't remember what her name was, then when Gerry Sr. remarried he had another daughter Gessica and she is the one that played volleyball at UNO and graduated with my daughter. Gerry Jr also has a younger brother Markus and I believe he ran track at Kansas, middle distance I think.

Actually 2, the last one from his first marriage was quite a bit younger than me and I can't remember what her name was, then when Gerry Sr. remarried he had another daughter Gessica and she is the one that played volleyball at UNO and graduated with my daughter. Gerry Jr also has a younger brother Markus and I believe he ran track at Kansas, middle distance I think.

Was there a Susan? For some reason I was thinking that that was the name of the one who ran track at USD, but I looked it up and that was Linda.

Well Mack navigated his first almost crisis. Word got out that he was considering hiring Greg Robinson as his co-DC, and there was immediate backlash since he's not all that good. Whether that initial report was true or not, it has now come out that Robinson will not be coming to UNC.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back