• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who has the coaching carousel Scoop?

Today could be decision/announcement day for Purdue Coach Brohm.

Trying to piece it altogether from both good sources, what the media has been saying, and the public non-committal comments made by Coach Brohm himself, here is my take:

UL originally contacted Brohm and he expressed interest in the job.
Based on this, ESPN's Dan Dakich assumed it would be a done deal and therefore put out his ill-advised tweet about 2 weeks ago saying deal would be announced on November 26.
But as discussions between UL and Brohm ensued, it became apparent Brohm was not going to give them a hometown discount.
It's actually the opposite.
Brohm is asking for big money and a long term guarantee. I'm hearing 8 or 9 years guaranteed.
This is where is gets sketchy. Who will buckle? Will both sides make concessions? Does Brohm say no thanks.
It's pretty well known that Coach Brohm met with UL AD Tyra yesterday in Indianapolis for approximately 3 hours.
Nothing official has come out from that yet. Some current UL commits say it is being implied Brohm will be their coach. But others are saying Brohm will say no.
Today could be the day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...to-discuss-louisville-football-job/ar-BBQbrXQ

I believe they finished 11-1 and ranked in the top five in his last year at UNC (though Carl Torbush coached their bowl game). FSU seemed insurmountable in the ACC at that time. Ironically, if he'd have stayed at UNC not too many more years, he'd have been present when FSU began to slide.

Then Clemson would have overtaken them. Even when they were good, fan support wasn't great. Kenan Stadium seats about 60k and they have trouble filling it.

ESPN's Dan Dakich now waying Brohm is meeting with his agent and considering offers from both schools. Dakich says the Purdue offer is higher than Louisville's.

Trying to piece it altogether from both good sources, what the media has been saying, and the public non-committal comments made by Coach Brohm himself, here is my take:

Based on this, ESPN's Dan Dakich assumed it would be a done deal and therefore put out his ill-advised tweet about 2 weeks ago saying deal would be announced on November 26.
But as discussions between UL and Brohm ensued, it became apparent Brohm was not going to give them a hometown discount.
Brohm is asking for big money and a long term guarantee. I'm hearing 8 or 9 years guaranteed.
This is where is gets sketchy. Who will buckle? Will both sides make concessions? Does Brohm say no thanks.
It's pretty well known that Coach Brohm met with UL AD Tyra yesterday in Indianapolis for approximately 3 hours.
Nothing official has come out from that yet. Some current UL commits say it is being implied Brohm will be their coach. But others are saying Brohm will say no.
Today could be the day.
If I'm Brohm, I'm holding out for everything. You have at least a couple of programs that could lose coaches next year that would be choice jobs. If he has another solid season at Purdue, he'd be in the driver's seat for any and all going forward. No need to take one at a lesser program, that isn't giving you all the security, professionally and financially, that you want.

Then Clemson would have overtaken them. Even when they were good, fan support wasn't great. Kenan Stadium seats about 60k and they have trouble filling it.

It's actually lower now since putting in individual chairs through the entire stadium. It's a nice setting but attendance has been an issue. I've been to Kenan quite a few times having family members who attended there. But there was a pretty good gap between FSU slipping and Dabo raising Clemson a couple of levels.

CPJ retiring has made me sad.... Tech has a truly special kid stepping into the starter role at QB (Tobias Oliver)... I really hope that Jeff Monken comes from Army to take over the reigns... would be seamless since he ran Paul's offense for years and years.

Today could be the day.

That's good info. Thanks for sharing.

Louisville is short on money, but if Louisville is where Brohm wants to be--to the rest of the country, this looks very similar to Frost going home--he should ask for an extremely long-term contract with a huge buy-out. To smooth over the transition for Louisville's finances, he could take a graduated pay scale that grows each year so that they have some cushion, now, to cover Petrino's buyout. Louisville is very short on money, and they've had more than enough scandal with Pitino that having Petrino as a re-tread looked like a horrible idea. Also, since "Brohm" doesn't end with "-ino" there's already some separation taking place with the new coach's name. ;-)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back