• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who gets to decide what is good and bad music?

For sure. I find it a little disingenuous when a publication (say Rolling Stone) pans an album (say Master of Reality by Sabbath) and then, 30 years later, gets all revisionist and puts it in their top 500 all time albums. But, I despise critics on the one hand and, on the other hand, I think they fill a need and there are some publications I like and place more trust in than others. And, although I like the Cure, Joy Division is probably my favorite band so I’d put them in my own personal HoF before the Cure. But really, is there anything less Rock n Roll than a Rock n Roll Hall of Fame?

Music critics are the worst of the worst I often wonder if they even listen to the records they are reviewing

I recall years ago Blackmore busting on a critic who was interviewing him and dogging on one of his albums. Richie asked him had he ever been in a band or played music etc. When he said 'no' Richie went into a tirade it was funny

As for the Corporate Rock 'n Roll Hall Of Fame more than half bands in it don't or didn't play rock n roll and many who did might have sold billions of records but that's about it

I could go on

As to favorite band....boy way to many of which in some cases most people have never heard of and there in lies one of the many problems

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back