• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who do you think we close the class out with?

Are Bivens, Parker and Houston all announcing on signing day? Thanks!

Houston is on NSD

Parker will announce after his visit to Kansas on either Sunday or Monday

Bivens I have no clue but would think once he has the green light would think would be onboard. He may not get the green light

Houston is on NSD

Parker will announce after his visit to Kansas on either Sunday or Monday

Bivens I have no clue but would think once he has the green light would think would be onboard. He may not get the green light

I hear Monday

With all of the changes...two signing days, the portal, etc I think it wise to hold some scholarships into Spring and Summer. You also have deserving walk ons to consider.

With all of the changes...two signing days, the portal, etc I think it wise to hold some scholarships into Spring and Summer. You also have deserving walk ons to consider.

Agree unless you find four more can't pass on elite prospects. Looks like we are down to Houston and Parker as 4 star and maybe Bivens. I think Bive s chances get even better if Parker commits elsewhere

28 I think is where we end at best

I worry about Biven's knee. We already have one running back recruit coming off knee surgery. But they are much better these days repairing knees.
I think its Houston and Bivens only.

And despite the knee issue, the kid sat out an entire year, so he should be ready to work. IMO...You dont ever pass up on a kid with this much talent and upside. You've got the spot...take a chance...even with Thompkins coming on board.

Hell...they will both redshirt anyway unless Bivens blows them away with his recovery.

Last edited:

I think its Houston and Bivens only.

And despite the knee issue, the kid sat out an entire year, so he should be ready to work. IMO...You dont ever pass up on a kid with this much talent and upside. You've got the spot...take a chance...even with Thompkins coming on board.

Hell...they will both redshirt anyway unless Bivens blows them away with his recovery.
Certainly get your point, I would be curious what the conversation is with Thompkins and what it would be with Bivens. How long are we giving them? Putting them on medical makes them retire, and you don't want to be the school that forces that on a kid.

Was thinking much the same sir!

Not trying to be contrary, but if five of our 25 signees (+ a grad transfer) count against 2018, then are we not still falling short of the 25 limit that count towards 2019?? Maybe that is just NCAA rules & math that is beyond my simpleton mind. :Biggrin:
I may be wrong, but in 2020 if we count 3 back to 2019, then we could sign 28, so it would matter.

You’re both right, it would matter. Right now we’ve signed 26 guys (counting D. Daniels). 5 count back towards 2018. So we’ve used 21 of 25 spots for 2019. If we only sign Houston, that leaves us at 22 used for 2019.

So, you’re correct, in 2020 we could then in theory sign 28 initial counters. Counting 3 back to the 2019 class. But we still have to remain under the 88 and then 85 rules.

Right now we’re at 16 scholarship seniors for 2019 (that number will obviously change with attrition). If we’re at 85 scholarships with 16 seniors our 2020 number would be 19 (16+B1G3).

It gets confusing with multiple scholarship limit rules. 25 initial counters and 88/85 overall total.

But if we bring in any additional transfers, those would also count towards the initial counter numbers.

LMAO! I simply asked who everyone thought we might end up with and maybe two people answered and the rest of the thread turns into a numbers game...…...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back