• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Commits Next?

Could Myles Slusher be committing in the immediate future as well? Or do you think that is a December decision?
Maybe I'm confusing Slusher with somebody else, but wasn't he the one sending tweets about Oregon during the game once the Huskers started getting blown out?

Durham... Are we his only power 5 offer? And with the O-line as the most glaring weakness? hmmm, I'm not sure about that choice.
Sort of agree there, think there might be some local kids with the same talent level, and at 6-4 doesnt seem to fit NUs blueprint for tackle either.

Sort of agree there, think there might be some local kids with the same talent level, and at 6-4 doesnt seem to fit NUs blueprint for tackle either.

We may not be thinking of him as an OT. His HS team was terrible last year and teams seem to be taking notice now. Not much out there on him, but my guess is that he's super athletic and we are thinking of putting him inside. We recruit GA really well, so we may be ahead of the game on him

We may not be thinking of him as an OT. His HS team was terrible last year and teams seem to be taking notice now. Not much out there on him, but my guess is that he's super athletic and we are thinking of putting him inside. We recruit GA really well, so we may be ahead of the game on him

Could be another Matt Anderson situation. I believe Nebraska was his only FBS offer for a while. Then he started to blow up after we got him on board. Regardless, OL is the position where you have the best opportunity to shape players.

can anyone speak to the ratio of reaches vs rock star recruits we should expect in a normal recruiting class? I love our class and totally trust the coaches, but seems like we are getting a couple low 3-star recruits and unsure how to celebrate... Bootle was a bit of a reach and he's turned out great so i'm not passing any judgment, just curious from the experts on this forum.

can anyone speak to the ratio of reaches vs rock star recruits we should expect in a normal recruiting class? I love our class and totally trust the coaches, but seems like we are getting a couple low 3-star recruits and unsure how to celebrate... Bootle was a bit of a reach and he's turned out great so i'm not passing any judgment, just curious from the experts on this forum.
I'm definitely not an expert but you pose a great question. I imagine it would be extremely hard to predict given such variables as 'silent recruits', coach-player relationships, team performance across the season, need/fit, character, and of course the operational definition of a 'rock star' recruit. I mean, if we are taking recruiting ranking as having some form of predictive value for team success. It seems like a challenging task. For one example, we've had some recruits that many felt were considered 'rock star' like Tejon Lindsey, KJ jr., Avery Roberts, Jordan Stevenson, Jalin Barnett, who didn't pan out and are no longer here. How do those type of recruits factor into the process? Would Frost and Co. ever recruit those players? I'm definitely a recruiting novice and more of a skeptic, so I'm just pointing out questions in response. No disrespect to you or your question, it just made me think a lot about the recruiting process and how unpredictable it can be. I follow it and get pretty excited when we get a highly ranked recruit because if you look at the top programs and their recruiting rankings there is a correlation... but I'm also skeptical because there are some subtleties in value the ranking process over-values, ignores, or is unable to predict.

Ideally there are no reaches.

The "plays according to star rating" is around 50% regardless of rating. Better rated guys that pan out are typically much better than lower rated guys that also pan out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back