• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Who are the recruits still on the board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huska

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
I have heard that we are wanting to take around 22-23 recruits this year, but we are sitting at 16. Who is out there and who will we land? I am just getting nervous to hit that number.

Still plenty of time left before signing day....:)

A few guys still out there that we know about: JUCO DE Joesph Carter (AZ commit), S Wayne Lyons, DT Todd Peat, TE Darien Bryant, WR Patrick Onwuasor, ILB Kent Turene (USC commit), and those are just off the top of my head....I'm sure the staff has other targets to boot.....

Also Braylon Heard is pretty much a 2011 commit to boot....we will be fine.....

Last edited:
Still plenty of time left before signing day....:)

A few guys still out there that we know about: JUCO DE Joesph Carter, S Wayne Lyons, DT Todd Peat, TE Darien Bryant, WR Patrick Onwuasor, ILB Kent Turene, and those are just off the top of my head....I'm sure the staff has other targets to boot.....

Also Braylon Heard is pretty much a 2011 commit to boot....we will be fine.....

Yes, you are correct as usual Master RR.:) Big Red has a great class already and they will add some quality guys to finish things off. NU has alot to offer! It is easy to lose focus of that when you are around it all the time. GBR!!

Thanks...:) Lot of good folks on this forum such as FLAS, HIO and others who I've learned a lot from in this thing called recruiting...:)

Yes we do have a good class and there are still alot of guys who have yet to commit and perhaps a switch or two from another school could be in the making....

After a disappointing finish to the season, its easy for the fan base to be down in the dumps, but we have to remember kids look at this thing called recruiting much different then we do....its about relationships more than anything else....I expect us to finish this class off okay....

Yes, you are correct as usual Master RR.:) Big Red has a great class already and they will add some quality guys to finish things off. NU has alot to offer! It is easy to lose focus of that when you are around it all the time. GBR!!

Last edited:

RR thanks again! Yes the end of the season was a letdown, but the future looks bright

Does anyone know if we will go after another scholarship K, or will we go the walk on route now?

Im not RR, but I try to do alot of research and I would say Wayne Lyons is going to be a tough pull, but I would almost (something to never do in recruiting) is guarantee out of his list that Joseph Carter is going to be "N".

Heard and Marsh both count against 2011, so we are actually at 18 in this class. According to the magical formula, we have 2 schollies open right now for this class. I would expect us to exceed that by a couple, so probably looking at another 4-5 max.

Another one to add to the list is the TE from Texas we recently offered. I seriously doubt we offer a schollie to another kicker in this class.

Last edited:
I don't disagree on Lyons...however, he has not eliminated us yet....so there is always hope....and he likes Nebraska

Carter good chance....he is still a UA commit, but good possibility he switches that....

Im not RR, but I try to do alot of research and I would say Wayne Lyons is going to be a tough pull, but I would almost (something to never do in recruiting) is guarantee out of his list that Joseph Carter is going to be "N".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back