• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whitney Brown

I'm surprised, and so sorry, to see Whitney Brown Leave. She is irrepressible in her enthusiasm :Cheer2:, and one of my favorite players to watch on court; as well as being a key part of the 'Bench Mob.' I can only guess it is to increase her playing time elsewhere as an upperclassman. I'll always think of her as being the consummate 'Team Player.' Best Wishes in her future endeavors. :Salute:

I am stunned, but if Whitney's not on a full scholarship, I definitely understand.

Unless you're on a full schollie, even as an in-state student, getting a college education at UNL isn't cheap. Regardless if you're a walkon or a scholarship player, if you make a B1G women's (or men's) basketball team, you can play ball. Amy Williams isn't running an intermurals team. There are *many* other D1 programs where Whitney could get a full scholarship and potentially earn lots more playing time than she got this past season

Selfishly, I hope the wbball coaches at my alma mater George Mason contact Whitney, Bela and Mi'Cole to see if they're interested in coming to the east coast and playing in the A-10. The women's program at GMU has been down for a while, but it was quite good when I was an undergrad in the 90s. Back then, most people who watched both teams thought the women's team would make the NCAA tournament long before the men's team would. If it weren't for Wendy Larry's team at Old Dominion, GMU would have dominated the CAA back then. They had their best season in years this year, winning 9 games and breaking a very long losing streak in the A-10. Whitney, Bela and Mi'Cole could definitely play a lot and probably start!

Even though Whitney didn't play a lot, as the Mob Boss she helped the 21-22 Huskers in a way I'll never forget. It was obvious she was genuine in interview comments about why she loved cheering on her teammates and knew the kind of commitment to each other the 21-22 Huskers had was important to winning.

Sadly, without Whitney, Ruby, Bela and Mi'Cole things won't feel the same when the season starts in November. I really hope somebody else steps up and embraces a role as the next Mob Boss. After all, we can't let the copycats at Michigan become the best bench mob in basketball next year!

Last edited:

Best Wishes to Whitney Brown and her Future Basketball Career :Mfclap: :Mfclap::Mfclap::Bow:

> Ft. Hays (Kansas) Tigers!!! :thumbsup:

but (Once a Husker...... :nod:)

(EDITED To ADD)

So Long Whitney! :Wave: We really enjoyed seeing you play at Nebraska!!!

Best Wishes, and Lots of Playing Time for you at Fort Hays!!! :Rockon:

:Salute:

Last edited:
Best Wishes to Whitney Brown and her Future Basketball Career :Mfclap: :Mfclap::Mfclap::Bow:

> Fort Hays (Kansas) Tigers!!! :thumbsup:

but (Once a Husker...... :nod:)

For anyone wondering about (why) Fort Hays, here is a little background I ran across elsewhere you might like: (a lot of Nebraska connections)

"Went to d2 regional in hays this weekend. Kearney was there and has a great team and had a great season. They are well coached and have good kids. They lost to Missouri western last night in round of 32 I would expect kearney head coach to get a d1 coaching job within the next year or two— coach Williams sister was there. She Coaches d2 Minnesota state. They lost to 1 seed for hays in first round. Hays has a ton of Nebraska players and on roster including some good lincoln kids as their head coach won a national title I believe at Hastings so he has lots of Neb hs recruiting connections. Coach Williams sisters’ assistant coach is former Husker Janae Morton. It was fun to see her there. — Fort hays is the 1 seed and hosting the regional. They will play missouri Western tomorrow night with winner getting a trip to elite 8 in Birmingham Alabama. Mo west associate head coach is Emily Wacker (aka Woody). They r the 7 seed and making first sweet 16 appearance since 1997. She is in her third season at mo western."

For anyone wondering about (why) Fort Hays, here is a little background I ran across elsewhere you might like: (a lot of Nebraska connections)

"Went to d2 regional in hays this weekend. Kearney was there and has a great team and had a great season. They are well coached and have good kids. They lost to Missouri western last night in round of 32 I would expect kearney head coach to get a d1 coaching job within the next year or two— coach Williams sister was there. She Coaches d2 Minnesota state. They lost to 1 seed for hays in first round. Hays has a ton of Nebraska players and on roster including some good lincoln kids as their head coach won a national title I believe at Hastings so he has lots of Neb hs recruiting connections. Coach Williams sisters’ assistant coach is former Husker Janae Morton. It was fun to see her there. — Fort hays is the 1 seed and hosting the regional. They will play missouri Western tomorrow night with winner getting a trip to elite 8 in Birmingham Alabama. Mo west associate head coach is Emily Wacker (aka Woody). They r the 7 seed and making first sweet 16 appearance since 1997. She is in her third season at mo western."
Tony Hobson is from Hardy and played & coached @ Hastings College. And won 3 National Championships @ Hastings.

Notable alumni and faculty[edit]​

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back