• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whipple's contract.

He had a bunch of super seniors on last years defense, and it was average. You think that defense will be even better this year, without those super seniors? I don’t. The 3 defenses before that, were pathetic. You might need some thicker glasses brotha. ;)

I didn't say the '22 version will be better, it will likely start out a step behind.

My vision is pretty good.

I didn't say the '22 version will be better, it will likely start out a step behind.

My vision is pretty good.
Im glad your vision is good. If the 22 version sucks, that would then be 4/5 that were awful. I’ve not seen anything good from Chinander. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong, like Frost has. We’ll see.

Im glad your vision is good. If the 22 version sucks, that would then be 4/5 that were awful. I’ve not seen anything good from Chinander. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong, like Frost has. We’ll see.

If you think the '21 version sucked, you won't be impressed next year either. Holding their own against some really good offenses was fun to watch.I really enjoyed watching some of the things we did last fall on defense. Very creative and he really was able to use the kids on the roster to the defenses advantage. No, we weren't a vintage National Championship version of the Blackshirts, but we definitely didn't see the same defensive football team last year.

My apologies to everyone for derailing the Whipple thread.

I'm also very interested to see what he can do next fall.

Development of players.

We can't.
Not that we have alot of players each year in the NFL, but we get our share, and though theyre not drafted, they also didnt learn prepping 2 months either.
We need coaches to put players in winning positions, whether its those painful days of seeing LBs smash into the line, over pursue etc or O linemen missing blocks.
Thats coaching not player dev.

If you think the '21 version sucked, you won't be impressed next year either. Holding their own against some really good offenses was fun to watch.I really enjoyed watching some of the things we did last fall on defense. Very creative and he really was able to use the kids on the roster to the defenses advantage. No, we weren't a vintage National Championship version of the Blackshirts, but we definitely didn't see the same defensive football team last year.

Apology accepted. We know very well that you two differ on Chin and aren’t afraid to let us know ad Infinitum. I hate to weigh in on Chin on the Whipple thread, but I don’t know how one says he sucked for three years and then was average. Riley’s last year our scoring defense was like 116th. Chin took it to 88, 66, 66, and 36. That seems like doing better, then getting to average, and then to good. Given that bad ST gave opponents good field position, I think the defense was fine.

SureI it was better, which I’ve acknowledged several times, but how the hell could you not be with all the extra players staying? I’d love to see what a real coordinator could do with it. It was still an average, passive defense with little to no pass rush. It stopped no one when it absolutely had to. It wasn’t a defense to hang your hat on, or to count on when you most definitely needed it the most.

As for Whipple, we shall see. Personally, I’m a bit worried it’s going to be heavy pass, which hasn’t worked out to well here in the past 17 years. I hate it that they seemingly are going away from a spread offense with the QB run heavily involved. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. If it does not work, the next coach will have a huge mess to clean up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back