• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Which is better -- XFL or USFL ??

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
I know Dollar Store versions. Never watched it both XFL or USFL (TV coverage). I noticed today, Vegas Vipers at Arlington Renegades game, February 18 2:00CST, ABC coverage. Maybe I will watched it ....... maybe

Renegades, Bob Stoops head coach.

USFL schedule, weird venues. Only 4 stadiums, Canton, Memphis, Birmingham and Ford Field (Detroit).

USFL NJ Generals, Mike Riley head coach.

Anyway I can't wait ...... 194 days 6 hours 30 minutes (Huskers @ Rodents). See Which-Is-Better link .... totally agree

Last edited:

USFL opening season, April 15 (tax day :eek:). FOX coverage.

I like USFL rules. Very similar CFB rules ..... O.T., pass interference, one foot in bounds, etc.

And no longer ancient chain crew. Now precise spot .... microchip inside ball

MR .... nice guy finish last first !! ;)
FV3HbHSUIAAEm2g

Last edited:

USFL opening season, April 15 (tax day :eek:). FOX coverage.

I like USFL rules. Very similar CFB rules ..... O.T., pass interference, one foot in bounds, etc.

And no longer ancient chain crew. Now precise spot .... microchip inside ball

MR .... nice guy finish last first !! ;)
FV3HbHSUIAAEm2g
If Mike friggin' Riley is the coach of the year that tells you all you need to know about that league.

I thought last years USFL did what it was suppose to do. Gave some players a chance to show what they could do, and a few ended up signing with NFL teams.

From what I watched over the weekend the XFL didn't seem quite a good as last years USFL, at least as far as quality of play was concerned. But then it was the first weekend. They did have a couple interesting twists. They encourage punt returns, so if you punt out of bounds you are penalized, not sure about that one.

I did like their kickoff. The teams line up 5 yards apart, and no one moves until the returned touches the ball.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back