• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Where's the joy?

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
The Huskers are going to play football this Fall, but most of the posts are carping about things in the past or things that have not happened. Why not express a little joy that we are going to get to see some football.

I certainly am very pleased and excited, and if something goes wrong, I'll deal with that later. I'm certainly not going to spoil my feeling with bitching about past stuff or worrying about stuff that may never happen.

The Huskers are going to play football this Fall, but most of the posts are carping about things in the past or things that have not happened. Why not express a little joy that we are going to get to see some football.

I certainly am very pleased and excited, and if something goes wrong, I'll deal with that later. I'm certainly not going to spoil my feeling with bitching about past stuff or worrying about stuff that may never happen.
Agree with the basic premise. Better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

But a lot of people just need to vent. There's catharsis in venting.

"GET THAT POISON OUT!"

Enjoy the moment, and learn from past mistakes. I'm just happy we are where we are today, and not 48 hours ago.

I think everyone is cautiously overjoyed. There's just a lot of mistrust with the Big 10 now based on how poorly they handled everything the last 5 weeks.
Yes there is a lot of mis-trust. I'm just not sold that's it's gonna happen. So far all they have proved is they can cancel at the drop of a dime but restarting is like pulling teeth. We have 4.5 weeks to get players virus free. Even if Nebraska locks down will our opponent?

I am excited that they are going to play football. I just wish they would have the start date a week sooner so there is some wiggle room.

I just think this has been a cluster f*ck since the beginning. I am not saying putting this back together is easy, but it seems like they are making it a lot more difficult than it needed to be.

I have not agreed with you in the past (to be truthful I have you on ignore for some reason) but I totally agree with you here sir :Cheers:

Last edited:
Positive spin:
The B1G Return to Competition task force went to a tremendous amount of effort and due diligence to ensure a successful season, with all the proper protocols in place to mitigate or eliminate the spread of the virus within the football communities. We're going to play football!

Another spin:
The B1G cancelled the football season out of irrational fear and a possible hidden agenda, without considering all the facts and data. Only after being publicly called out and pressured, first by Scott Frost, and then by many different groups in the state of Nebraska and elsewhere, did they capitulate and do the necessary work to allow a football season for the B1G conference members.

Either way, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE FOOTBALL!!!

Last edited:

Good point! We have the chance to play some football and prove what our team has been doing to get better!!!

Can't wait to see our first game. Will we play them all? Doubtful. But we will have a season and Wandale will break 17 tackles on one play and score the quietest touchdown in Memorial Stadium History! And the blackshirts will get handed out and they will have to play with no benefit of crowd noise to support them, and I bet they have a ton of fun!

Simply reversing their decision does not mitigate all the harm the BIG has caused so many people! I will believe we have a season when I see games being played. Until then I'm cautiously optimistic we can get some games played.

Robbing a bank and then returning the money doesn't get you off the hook. The BIG made a terrible decision and should be reminded of it so they don't make another one.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back