• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Where would NU basketball be if Nee had never been canned?

That was Rutgers. He all but said he was taking it but the problem was he hadn't been offered.

Thanks! I hate it when I can't remember the whole thing (seems to happen more and more but I think it's having kids, not age). I knew something along those lines happened.

Thanks! I hate it when I can't remember the whole thing (seems to happen more and more but I think it's having kids, not age). I knew something along those lines happened.

Man you said it! I call my daughter by the dog's name, my dog by my son's name, and my son by my daughter's name. Not to even get into the memory game.

No one else since has won a conference championship or an NIT championship but clearly at the time he needed to go

Nowhere. He could recruit some, but couldn't coach. He couldn't win an NCAA game in 13 years-even as a 3 seed, what makes anyone think he could have done anything more? He went nowhere after he left NU.

Hearing Husker hoops fans wax nostalgic about the Danny Nee era is just sad. They sucked then too...just less than the past decade.

After S. Florida's win, Nebraska is one of two power conference schools to never win an NCAA game. That's the reality. Nee was a big part of that.

In retrospect, Danny was the only one who got us there! ;)

Very interesting. I was in school at KSU in the late 90's and that was really before internet was a household thing. So I wasn't really in the know on any of this. All I know is that I went to see NU play KSU a couple of times and on at least one occasion I remember wondering how we couldn't beat them with the talent we had. I think that was around Jaron Boone's time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back