• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Where will Bubba go?

HuskerInOkieland

Heisman
15 Year Member
Four picks in and all pitchers. KC on the clock.

BA had Bubba going 6th to Washington earlier. Now they have him ninth to the Cubs.

We shall see.

So does that help or hurt in terms of signing him? Sign with the "home" team or not sign with a team that struggles to win. or sign with a team that struggles to win to be one of the hero's???

So does that help or hurt in terms of signing him? Sign with the "home" team or not sign with a team that struggles to win. or sign with a team that struggles to win to be one of the hero's???

Well, the Royals don't have the deepest pocket in the world. But they know the price and I think they will pay it as long as Bubba doesn't try for 20 or 30 million. As far as a struggling team, many scouts believe the Royals are on the verge with 9 prospects in the Baseball America top 100 coming into this year. They can sell Bubba that he would be the crowning piece.

I am setting the price at 4.5 million to sign him. I think it will happen.:(

Odd draft so far. 2 UCLA pitchers go 1 & 3. Then two Oklahoma HS Righthanders go 4 & 7.

Arizona with two picks in top 7 and land 2 really good righthanders (one college and one HS) with picks 3 & 7.

Last year's draft featured 3 Franchise prospects and the Royals drafted fourth--oops. This year, they get Bubba Starling at #5, perhaps the highest ceiling in this years' draft. Sometimes it is where you sit.

Last edited:

Texas has two recruits go so far in Round 1: Dylan Bundy, 4th to Baltimore and Blake Swihart, #26 to Boston. Swihart could be a tough sign. Another sure first rounder, Josh Bell, Could slide completely out of the first round due to a letter his family sent asking for teams not to draft him due to his committment to Texas.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back