• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Where we at? -(Best Class in Husker History! (arguably :wink: - Post #8)

70county

Scout Team
20 Year Member
Haven’t followed hoops much this year but understand we have a couple good recruits coming in. Is there any hope for a turnaround of some kind in the near future? Please give a ‘cliff notes’ state of the union of Nebraska basketball as you see it. Expect to see differing opinions, but that’s often the best perspective...thanks

As a casual observer the team plays hard but lacks offensive identity and consistency. They hung with top 10 Illinois in both games, but their flaws did them in. If they could improve the offense, the defense is there for the team to be real competitive next year. I can see them going .500 in the league next year if they build off the end of this season.

Just my :Sign2cents:

Bryce McGowans is the younger brother of starting guard Trey McGowans. Bryce is 6'6" and 5* prospect, but he didn't get selected for the McDonald's All-American team. He's the highest rated player to sign with Nebraska.

Wilheim Breidenbach is a 6'10" forward, 4* prospect, shoots pretty well and can run. Was the highest rated prospect to sign with Nebraska until McGowans signed later on. He has awesome glasses reminiscent of Kurt Rambis.

Keisei Tominaga is a 6'0" JUCO shooting guard from Japan who is shooting 47% from 3 this year. He can shoot. Also, he's open right now.

Regarding 'Status' and 'Turnaround Hopes' these two Tweets seem germane:

(Tongue-in-cheek, of course. ;))

@ Huskabob has covered the 'recruits' (although I have no idea what he means by saying Tominaga is 'open right now'). Let me add signed recruit JUCO Blaise Keita now @ Coffeyville CC. He won't arrive until 2022 but could be that elusive BIG that we've been 'missing' for so long.

I think the Rutgers game shows us what kind of basketball we can expect from HC Fred Hoiberg once the players gel into a team and reveal their skills. Don't know about the wins/losses, which seems to be your focus, but I believe we can expect 'exciting' basketball going forward. Next year's prospects depend on which of the current players return (currently undeterminable), aided by the signed recruits.

You may want to watch the remaining games in the schedule to get a feel for the team's development.

Is that what you're looking for? ;) :Salute:

EDIT:
(For an Up-date see Post #8)

Last edited:

@ Huskabob has covered the 'recruits' (although I have no idea what he means by saying Tominaga is 'open right now'). Let me add signed recruit JUCO Blaise Keita now @ Coffeyville CC. He won't arrive until 2022 but could be that elusive BIG that we've been 'missing' for so long.

HE'S NOT EVEN IN THE GYM YET, AND HE'S OPEN FOR A THREE!

Like Piatkowski, who was open as soon as he walked into the Devaney. :p

thanks for the replies. i have been busy enough to miss most the games, and then hard to get a feel for things when you only get to see them in small doses. have faith in the mayor and recruiting has shown some promise. as long as we can get kids here and get them to stay long enough to form a culture where upperclassmen teach underclassmen and so on. rather than the here now gone tomorrow as it seems to have been 1st couple years. the B1G is no joke. no easy wins in conference to build up confidence, gonna have to earn it.

Regarding 'Status' and 'Turnaround Hopes' these two Tweets seem germane:

(Tongue-in-cheek, of course. ;))

I think the Rutgers game shows us what kind of basketball we can expect from HC Fred Hoiberg once the players gel into a team and reveal their skills. Don't know about the wins/losses, which seems to be your focus, but I believe we can expect 'exciting' basketball going forward. Next year's prospects depend on which of the current players return (currently undeterminable), aided by the signed recruits.

You may want to watch the remaining games in the schedule to get a feel for the team's development.

'Cliffy' enough? :Salute:

You can tell just by looking at that chart just how in tune to analytics this staff is.

Best Class in Husker History! (arguably ;) )

Worth a Read!!!

Assistant coach Matt Abdelmassih, who oversees the bulk of NU’s recruiting strategy and efforts, was primarily responsible for assembling Nebraska’s heralded 2021 group......................

Abdelmassih said his latest class could be the crown jewel of his 10 years as a full-time college assistant.

Abdelmassih said the plan from the day he joined head coach Fred Hoiberg in Lincoln back in April of 2019 was to build the roster where Year 3 would be when the program made a significant jump.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back