• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Where does UNOs Tre'Shawn Thurman go

It appears he's not a grad transfer so he's going to sit a year and play a year. Eating up a scholarship for 2 years to play 1 is not what a lot of programs are going to be looking for. He's a big bodied forward that's going to do some dirty work for you. But he's not very skilled offensively IMO. Someone who is taking pretty much all of their shots in the paint should be hitting on better than 49% of those. Maybe I'm wrong and he takes a lot of mid-range jumpers? I go to one UNO game a year and have never really been impressed with his skill level...but there's room for a guy that can come in and throw 230 lbs around for sure.

But that 2 for 1 thing I'd think would be a turn off for a lot of programs. I'll guess High Mid Major or lower end of a power conference.

Seems odd. He's not going to be playing in the NBA so this wouldn't seem to be a play to get more exposure.

It appears he's not a grad transfer so he's going to sit a year and play a year. Eating up a scholarship for 2 years to play 1 is not what a lot of programs are going to be looking for. He's a big bodied forward that's going to do some dirty work for you. But he's not very skilled offensively IMO. Someone who is taking pretty much all of their shots in the paint should be hitting on better than 49% of those. Maybe I'm wrong and he takes a lot of mid-range jumpers? I go to one UNO game a year and have never really been impressed with his skill level...but there's room for a guy that can come in and throw 230 lbs around for sure.

But that 2 for 1 thing I'd think would be a turn off for a lot of programs. I'll guess High Mid Major or lower end of a power conference.

Seems odd. He's not going to be playing in the NBA so this wouldn't seem to be a play to get more exposure.

I agree. Unless I am missing something I read it the same as you and he has to sit out a year to play at Div1 Something doesn't seam right here and on the surface it would look like his best option would be to play his final year at Omaha. Not getting this one.

Probably North Carolina or Kentucky if not straight to the NBA the way two of the OWH guys talk about him.

I can understand going the grad transfer route in the Summit league. Transferring the way he is either means there are some things going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to or he's a bad teammate that lacks loyalty.

Five points:
Seeing you guys collectively rip on a hometown guy is pitiful

He scored over 1000 points in three years and he was never known as a scorer.

If you graduate in August couldn't you still be a grad transfer?

As a grad transfer, I'd take treshawn at UNL, why not? He wouldn't start. Just an athletic dude to bring of the bench to match up against more athletic teams

It seems like I have the most unpopular view of Nebraska men's hoops

Last edited:
Wow..
Where do you get that he is being ripped on? Just seems like there is more to the story. EVERY official report I have read says that he will not qualify as a grad transfer. Maybe all the media outlets are wrong... or are they all trashing him.

I wish him the best. If he wants to play at UNL more power to him and bring him on. No matter if he is a starter or rides the bench the team in Lincoln needs more local presence. On the surface since the transfer option looks to require sitting out or going down a level it seems to me that he would want to finish at Omaha with the info that has been shared. How is that ripping someone. Please explain

Five points:
Seeing you guys collectively rip on a hometown guy is pitiful

He scored over 1000 points in three years and he was never known as a scorer.

If you graduate in August couldn't you still be a grad transfer?

As a grad transfer, I'd take treshawn at UNL, why not? He wouldn't start. Just an athletic dude to bring of the bench to match up against more athletic teams

It seems like I have the most unpopular view of Nebraska men's hoops

I was saying the 'rip' thing tongue in cheek. I was just trying to mix it up.
Wow..
Where do you get that he is being ripped on? Just seems like there is more to the story. EVERY official report I have read says that he will not qualify as a grad transfer. Maybe all the media outlets are wrong... or are they all trashing him.

I wish him the best. If he wants to play at UNL more power to him and bring him on. No matter if he is a starter or rides the bench the team in Lincoln needs more local presence. On the surface since the transfer option looks to require sitting out or going down a level it seems to me that he would want to finish at Omaha with the info that has been shared. How is that ripping someone. Please explain

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back