• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Where are the rumors about new members?

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
You put all the BIG media together with coaches, players, administrative types in one spot and we still don't have any new rumors about additional members, who they might be, when it might happen. I'm disappointed in our media types.

Notre Dame is hoping to get $75M a year deal with NBC from an article I read yesterday

Which for seven home games is $10M+ a game

If that happens they will not be joining any conference anytime soon

Which I would think would leave the B1G at 16 teams for the near future

Notre Dame is hoping to get $75M a year deal with NBC from an article I read yesterday

Which for seven home games is $10M+ a game

If that happens they will not be joining any conference anytime soon

Which I would think would leave the B1G at 16 teams for the near future
I've read nothing that convinces me they'll get anywhere near that money from NBC.

I've read/heard somethings that lead me to believe NBC will more likely be part of the B1G package with ND, should ND make the move.

I don't know who would join with ND, but I could see North Carolina as the leading contender. Big media/tv area, great academics, football is ok, basketball is amazing. I think the other to join will be from that area though as opposed to Stanford (which I've heard would secure ND's move but not buying it), Oregon or UW (I don't think either moves the needle enough).

I've read nothing that convinces me they'll get anywhere near that money from NBC.

I've read/heard somethings that lead me to believe NBC will more likely be part of the B1G package with ND, should ND make the move.

I don't know who would join with ND, but I could see North Carolina as the leading contender. Big media/tv area, great academics, football is ok, basketball is amazing. I think the other to join will be from that area though as opposed to Stanford (which I've heard would secure ND's move but not buying it), Oregon or UW (I don't think either moves the needle enough).

They may not but it's what they are asking for

With Notre Dame nothing would surprise me

Last edited:
I read that, I meant to convey I've read nothing that suggests they'll actually get the money. I know they want it, but getting it (3x what they're getting now) seems unlikely.

At gotcha

Yeah it's a huge jump from the $22M contract they are on how that ends after the 2025 season

As much as I (and everyone in the country) think Notre Dame needs to be in the B1G, I'd love to see the conference strong-arm them into joining just to see, even if it backfires lol.

Their biggest rivals, USC and Michigan, are in the B1G. They also have long standing annual games already with Michigan State and Purdue. All of their rivals outside of Stanford and Navy will be B1G members.

Tell them if they don't join, they can kiss those teams goodbye off their schedule.

Are they gonna join the SEC instead? With the power those two teams have, they can go to 20+ teams each and take over CFB. Then they can construct a playoff and not let Notre Dame in.

Is Notre Dame ready to say goodbye to playing USC? A team they've been playing since 1926. Hell, they've played Purdue every year since 1946. Michigan and Michigan State have been playing Notre Dame since the freaking late 1800s.

The B1G and SEC could refuse to schedule them, then where do they go? Sure, the leftover teams would jump at playing them, but if the B1G and SEC form their super conferences and have their own playoff, everyone else is gonna be the AFL to their NFL. Actually, that's giving the cast-offs too much cred.

As much as I (and everyone in the country) think Notre Dame needs to be in the B1G, I'd love to see the conference strong-arm them into joining just to see, even if it backfires lol.

Their biggest rivals, USC and Michigan, are in the B1G. They also have long standing annual games already with Michigan State and Purdue. All of their rivals outside of Stanford and Navy will be B1G members.

Tell them if they don't join, they can kiss those teams goodbye off their schedule.

Are they gonna join the SEC instead? With the power those two teams have, they can go to 20+ teams each and take over CFB. Then they can construct a playoff and not let Notre Dame in.

Is Notre Dame ready to say goodbye to playing USC? A team they've been playing since 1926. Hell, they've played Purdue every year since 1946. Michigan and Michigan State have been playing Notre Dame since the freaking late 1800s.

The B1G and SEC could refuse to schedule them, then where do they go? Sure, the leftover teams would jump at playing them, but if the B1G and SEC form their super conferences and have their own playoff, everyone else is gonna be the AFL to their NFL. Actually, that's giving the cast-offs too much cred.
USFL to the NFL.

I've been following this guy on Twitter for about the past six months.
He seems to have a pretty good handle on things.

I've been reading that guy as well. It isn't clear to me whether he really knows anything or is just blowing smoke. For a while, he kept harping on the "fact" that he had the Notre Dame scoop before anyone else, which kind of killed his credibility for me. But maybe he's an attention seeker who actually knows something. I just can't tell.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back