• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked When/Where to Tailgate @ Iowa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InputUserName

Recruit
5 Year Member
Does anyone know where the best tailgating is in Iowa City? Also, with the game starting at 11AM, what time do the parking lots open for tailgating? This will be my first game in Iowa. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know where the best tailgating is in Iowa City? Also, with the game starting at 11AM, what time do the parking lots open for tailgating? This will be my first game in Iowa. Thanks in advance!

It's been a while since I was in IC for a Hawks game, so I don't know the details, but generally all along Melrose Avenue on the west side of the river (where the stadium is), and in the little side streets off of Melrose, is where all the tailgating action is. Most of it is on private property the owners' charge you to use, but it is worth it, as most of the spots are very nice.

Last edited:
For anyone making last minute plans to go to Iowa City I just was able to book a room using Hot Wire at a three star in the Iowa City Area for a base of $83 and with taxes ect it was $99. I ended up at the Holiday Inn Coralville. Imaidiatly after booking and finding out the location I went to their web site to see what the cost would be and it was $229 for the same type room at the same place.

It's been a while since I was in IC for a Hawks game, so I don't know the details, but generally all along Melrose Avenue on the west side of the river (where the stadium is), and in the little side streets off of Melrose, is where all the tailgating action is. Most of it is on private property the owners' charge you to use, but it is worth it, as most of the spots are very nice.

Thanks for the info.

When my daughter was at Iowa, she could never understand why people would start to tailgate at 5am. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back